• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Sorry folks, the pics thread is gone. It was taken down to ensure the privacy of the members here. Unfortunately having photos online (esp for the younger members) can have negative results and there are even legal issues at play.

Cheers
Mike

It is, ofcourse, your call Mike, but I don't see how people voluntarily posting their own pictures is endangering anyone's privacy.

There's a fine line between being careful and being paranoid.

Not happy about it, but I understand.

Mike,
if you are able to give us a bit more detail as to exactly why it was removed, it will help in preventing it from happening again.

48th. There were pics and links to pics of minor children and other third parties.  Any pictures of minor children taken from this site and downloaded to some dinks computer creates a permanent record taken from the internet. That might not have been what was being contemplated in the minds of those who appeared in the pictures. [not all of the pics, just a few].

Cheers.

Springroll said:
Not happy about it, but I understand.

Mike,
if you are able to give us a bit more detail as to exactly why it was removed, it will help in preventing it from happening again.

Because it's Mike's site, and he said it had to go...JEEEEZZ!! :mad:

whiskey601 said:
48th. There were pics and links to pics of minor children and other third parties.  Any pictures of minor children taken from this site and downloaded to some dinks computer creates a permanent record taken from the internet. That might not have been what was being contemplated in the minds of those who appeared in the pictures. [not all of the pics, just a few].

Cheers.

Ah, I understand :).

Now would it have been easier to just eliminate those particular posts rather than the whole thread?

i agree it's better to be safe than sorry! I think it was the right thing to do

Springroll said:
Ah, I understand :).

Now would it have been easier to just eliminate those particular posts rather than the whole thread?

Creates too much work for the mods- and what if they miss "one"? Anyway, its done. Eats up a lot of bandwidth, too.

whiskey601 said:
Creates too much work for the mods- and what if they miss "one"? Anyway, its done. Eats up a lot of bandwidth, too.

What else are guys like Slim supposed to do when working those midnight shifts... ;) ;D

Like was already said, better to be safe than sorry, and that's cool with me :)

whiskey601 said:

Cheers.

Does that mean you'll be deleting their profiles next?   8)

Alright, I'll stop, but I still think removing threads because of "pictures of minors" is paranoid.

Rule of thumb is usually you dont post pics of other people without their permission.

And now I'm guessing that the unwritten rule is that picture exchanges should be done by PM

Hmm.. JTF2 wouldn't have liked their best General-Commando-Apache Helicopter Pilot-Ninja-Sharpshooting SigOp exposed on the internet like that anyways. Good call Mike.

-Ross

Right...

The lot of you.

This is Mikes site. And Mike is ultimately responsible for what goes on here.

That includes having a stalker download pics of underage (or 6'1 190Lb) members for rotten purposes!

Back in the lanes now please.

Slim
STAFF

PS Springroll

I actually do WORK occasionally when on midnights...! :p

suck it up. Mike said "no". As someone who's had to deal with stalkers, I say it was a good call.
You want to put up pictures of yourselves, get a website, put 'em up, and post a link, like the Always Faithful uber-hottie did. ::)

Bottom line is it's gone and won't be brought back. The reasons have been explained, more than enough. If you don't like it, there's other sites to surf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back