• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pic's of the Reagan in Victoria

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
A few good images have been released.

28999pc.jpg

The USS Chosin passes Fisgard Lighthouse as it departs Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt to anchor offshore in readiness for the naval review marking the 100th anniversary of the Canadian Navy in Victoria, British Columbia June 11, 2010. In the background are the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan and Canada's HMCS Vancouver.

2zgb34g.jpg

The New Zealand frigate HMNZS Te Kaha passes Fisgard Lighthouse as it departs Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt to anchor offshore in readiness for the naval review marking the 100th anniversary of the Canadian Navy in Victoria, British Columbia June 11, 2010.

2zf6fyv.jpg

People walk along a seawall as U.S. aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan sits anchored off shore in Victoria, British Columbia June 10, 2010. The Reagan arrived with ships from other nations to take part in celebrations marking the Canadian Navy's centennial.

98630463.jpg

81467530.jpg

75431641.jpg

Canadian Armed Forces Snowbirds aerial acrobatic team perform over the U.S. aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan (L) and Canadian ship HMCS Protecteur during a Fleet Review in Victoria, British Columbia June 12, 2010. The Snowbirds performed during celebrations marking the Canadian Navy's 100th anniversary.

Awesome shots of the Fleet..
Happy Centenary RCN!!! :salute:

Not the Reagan, but a good shot of the Snowbirds flying past Fisgard Lighthouse.

Great photos. Thank you for sharing the experience.  :salute:

Hope to see eveyone at the Halifax IFR.

I am using picture # 2 as my desktop background, thank you!!!

Why is the Navy considered the "Senior Service"? The artillery long predates the Navy in it's formation.

jeffb said:
Why is the Navy considered the "Senior Service"? The artillery long predates the Navy in it's formation.
I believe that it's a tradition borrowed from the United Kingdom. 

jeffb said:

[off topic to answer query]
Commonwealth tradition (there's that word again), holds the Navy as the senior service to the crown.
This privileged position is not based on regimental dates or other markers which many units would traditionally use.
[on topic]

Great shots of the Snowbirds. All pics actually, new background.

A couple more of the Snowbirds. We were anchored just north of Fisgard Lighthouse when I took these.

Thanks OldTanker, hope you don't your handy work being added to my collection. Great shots.

Back