• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Picking a Career that isnt open....

D

Dire

I went too a recruiter yesterday and handed in my application. The three choices I picked were 1) Comm Research 2) Land Communications 3) Vehicle Tech.

All three were not open. He told me that since they were not open, when I hand in my application they will put it on hold until one of the three choices become open. Then he asked me if I really wanted a job, and I said yes but since I took training in computer networking I really want to do something in the lines of technology within the Canadian Army. So I switched my #2 choice and #3 choice to something that was open just because I want my application to be processed and I wouldn’t have to wait even longer. I currently left my job and have little income so I was wondering how long do applications take to get processed and is there a possible way of knowing when COM Research becomes open?

Say they call me in 2 months for Aero Space Communication, we do all the testing (CFAT, Medical, Physical) and I pass it all, can I hold off until Comm Research is open or do I have to follow the path of Aero Space? (what they called me for)

The recruiters have been helpful but I never really get the information I’ am looking for.

Thank you very much

-Brandon

They should have scheduled you for the CFAT already. Upon completion of the CFAT, they will tell you what trades you are eligible for. Even if the trades you pick are closed, they should then schedule the interview and physical etc.
It is not until all your tests are complete and passed that they pass your file onto the recruiting officer.
He or She is the one who will call you when one of the trades you picked opens up. You should only put down trades you really want. If they call you for ATIS or any other trade, you don‘t have to accept but if you keep turning down offers the recruiting officer is going to be very eager to call you next time. I would prepare for at least a two month application process but it could go even longer.

Back