• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pic: Australian Minimi fitted for blank firing

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
On our F89A1-P LSWs we use a dedicated BFB (blank Firing Barrel), fitted with a BFN (Blank firing Nut), and a red carrying handle.

BFBs are fomer live firers shot out. They are refinished at the FTR level. Although shot out, they still must headspace using the 37.375 HS failure gauge. If not they are sent to smelt.

The Soldier's Five.......

At a glance the difference between this version and the Cdn C9.

LSW (Light Support Weapon), 5.56mm F89 (designation) A1 (fited with optics) -P (Picatinny rail)
- heavier bbl, fitted with MAG 58 flash suppressor
- some have the 2nd gen gas regulator, w/rest to be replaced after current old type are exhausted
- no iron front sight
- PI Bipod legs (strengthened)
- different handguard
- standard 1.5X powered optics, identical to the F88SA1 type
- bolt is serialised to the wpn
- 2nd gen one piece main take down pin as opposed to the two piece old type. These too are still in on wpns which have not been overhauled.
- hydraulic buffer
- US M249 butt stock assy

The Aussie stock/std F89A1-P has a generic FN Herstal produced housing, and the gun is fitted with parts manufactured in Belgium (FN Herstal), Canada (Diemaco), USA (FN USA) and Australia (Thales).

I may have covered this on here before somewhere, but here is a good pic, which has over 1000 words in itself. There is also some live fieres present too.

Regards,

OWDU

A definite savings on barrel wear.
Midnight Rambler: Anything in the works for us do adopt this or similar?

Speaking of bbl wear....

Jeebus H, I am going all techy here on a cold winter's night. Where's my whisky!

During an armourer's inspection, an erosion gauge is used, and if it fits into theĀ  'chamber window' (not its real name), the wpn is NOT allowed to deploy and monitered for 6 months.

If it fails (actually falls into the chamber), the bbl is classified XX (convert to BFB status), and the entire wpn is sent out of the Unit. The serial number has to be machine engraved, which is done at 2nd line repair, not 1st line.

OWDU

Holy crap, i think I've gone crosseyed!!!
OWDU have another for me mate!

Back