• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

physical testing?? ¿ ¿

PT Test - http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/engraph/howtojoin/fitness_eval_e.aspx

This is the link to the recruiting website section for the test.  There are videos and a PDF document with reams of information.  I honestly don't know how we managed when I got in initially ('87).  I was told at the interview that I would have to do situps, pushups, handgrip assessment, etc.  I even vaguely remember having to bench a certain weight (although in my old age, my memory might be faulty).  It never occurred to me to worry about the test, I was more concerned about how fit I would actually be for Basic.  I have adopted the same attitude again.  Being sleep deprived and constantly pushing to do one's best from 0500 - 1100 takes a toll.  If you can only manage the minimum in a sedentary civilian life, good luck on BMQ or IAP/BOTC whatever the case may be.  Stop fretting, use the resources the CF supplies, when in doubt ... call the recruiting centre, just do it.  I cannot imagine the basket cases that arrive in St. Jean due to all of this worrying about PT, leg hair, failure rates, yelling, etc.

NewRecruit-21svc said:
ok someone answer me this. i have been told 3 diffrent things for PT only 2400mrun / only step test / or both which is it
:cdn: Nick

Do a search. It's been answered zillions of times.

On my test, not that long ago, we just did the step test. You were supposed to measure your readiness for the step test by doing the 2.4 k run on your own.

I also didn't know this website existed when I was applying to join, and just took everything as it went. (And boy oh boy were there a few surprises on my basic.) I can just see what some of these people would do if this site wasn't here...bombarding recruiters with questions about what to do about their hairy legs... :D

i did do a search and i came up with those three answers. thats why i asked agian. i go for my interview on the 23 Nov so i will just ask the recruiter then. and i have been trying to do a work out regiment every day but i berly have enough time to shat some days... lol  thanx for the imput guys
:cdn:Nick

You do the freaking step test for the CF applicant physical fitness test.

Yeah and that's another thing, don't you guys get a whole bunch of handouts when you go to the recruiting office, ones which not only give you info about trades you're applying for, but also ones that tell you about how to prepare for the various application tests and stuff?

Reading...it's a great skill. Use it.

You guys are taking me way too seriously, I was kidding about the track pants.  ::)

Cpl Bloggins said:
Yeah and that's another thing, don't you guys get a whole bunch of handouts when you go to the recruiting office, ones which not only give you info about trades you're applying for, but also ones that tell you about how to prepare for the various application tests and stuff?

Reading...it's a great skill. Use it.

i didn't receive a bunch of handouts i received a little disc about pt and it was pretty uninformative. i wasn't expecting everyone to get so bent our of shape. but any ways thanks kincanucks for a straight answer

ok someone answer me this. i have been told 3 diffrent things for PT only 2400mrun / only step test / or both which is it

It depends on where you are tested, I had to do the shuttle run, or call it the 2400m run. The shuttle run is pretty simple, under 35 years for males is level 6.5 I believe. Just pace yourself and don't outrun the beeps. Usually one of the PSP staff will run it with you.  Followed by as many sit ups as you can ( do over 30 and you should be good) in 1 or 2 mins, I forget which, with someone holding your feet, not sure how many you need there. Then push ups, without stopping. Thumbs under your shoulders, body perfectly straight, and when you go down your arms must be at parallel to the floor. I know guys under 35 years need 19 push ups. Followed by the handgrip. Make sure you adjust the handgrip properly, people usually fail that when they do not adjust the grip to their hand properly.One part should be on the pad of your hand and the other side should be just above your second knuckle.  Hope this helps.  :D And guys if I have any info wrong for the male standard I'll say sorry in advance.

It depends on where you are tested

CF applicants (directly off the street) will do the following without exception:

Step test
Pushups
Situps
Hand Grip.

If you were an applicant and did the MSR then you were incorrectly tested.

George Wallace said:
If you don't learn now, then a P Med Tech may have to take you into a Shower later and teach you..... It has been done many times in the Past and will continue to be done.

what exactly are they gonna show you in the shower? I find this whole line of questioning rather amusing but I'm curious to know what you're referring to with that statement.

rjs said:
what exactly are they gonna show you in the shower? I find this whole line of questioning rather amusing but I'm curious to know what you're referring to with that statement.
They will physically show you how to wash yourself.  They will use EDI to do it.

Next Question?

I know you are asking......"What is EDI?"

EDI:

Explain;

Demonstrate; and

Imitate.

It is an Instructional Technique used in Methods of Instruction. 

You'll learn more about EDI on your PLQ Crse. (If you survive that long.) 

;D

Back