• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Physical Test

amen.

I have a feeling im going to be doing a lot of "suprise" ruck marches this summer

I am a 17, applying for the reserves, and can run 2.4 km in 9 min. Do you guys think I'll have trouble passing the step test? I run 2.4 km twice a day on weekdays for practice. I‘m only getting better. But some of these posts make it sound really hard, and some make it sound easy. I‘m probably just anxious about a chance to join the army.

Plus I have no trouble doing 40-50 sit-ups in a minute. But I have a **** of a time completing 19 pushups without taking a rest. I guess I'll just continue practicing sit-ups a few times a day and see where that gets me. My PT is on June 2nd. Thanks for any input.

18 year olds only have to step on the steps? I guess I passed that :p

This message is for "Unreal".
You are 17 and you will not have a problem with the step test, the problem you will have is with your push-ups. It is easy to focus on things that are not so hard and that you don‘t have a problem with. Focus on your difficult area, push-ups. When you can do 19 push-ups without stopping then get back to the running and sit-ups. Trust me it sucks to fail the PT test and when you know what needs work and if you fail because of it it will suck even more...start working on bench presses and push-ups, it won‘t be long and you will be able to do 40 or 50...Good luck and don‘t give up!!!

quick question i didnt wanna start a brand new tread for this during the sit ups is there something holding your feet ?

whelton44 said:
quick question i didnt wanna start a brand new tread for this during the sit ups is there something holding your feet ?

Yes the examiner will hold both of your feet while checking the correct position before you start doing your sit ups. ;)

Im going to the BMQ on january 11 at St-jean , i can do 30 push up and sit-up easilly , i cant do any chin up if im starting arms straight , and i can run 2km in 13 min . :(  Will I end up in a month fitness program before starting my bmq ?

Seb85 said:
Im going to the BMQ on january 11 at St-jean , i can do 30 push up and sit-up easilly , i cant do any chin up if im starting arms straight , and i can run 2km in 13 min . :(  Will I end up in a month fitness program before starting my bmq ?

Just keep at it and you should make it through the initial PT test. Make sure you are doing your pushups with the correct form, doing them slowly usually helps. (improper form seems to get a lot of people on the test). Just keep running and training over the holidays, a month of good training can make a solid improvement.

I saw on page 3 that someone was worrying about his push-ups.

I'll give a website I saw somewhere on this same forum.

http://hundredpushups.com/about.html

Take it, do what you want with it.

I find it really good, I start on week 4 because I was doing already 50 push-ups easely. I hit the 100 push-ups straight in a row 2 days ago ! It feels so good ! :)

Back