• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Photo Identification for PT/CFAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm scheduled to write my test on Monday.  I lost my driver's license card, and ordered a new one a few weeks back.  I thought it would have arrived by now, but they are taking their sweet time sending it.  This leaves me with no form of government photo ID :(.  I do have my birth certificate, temporary license, and a student card from university.  Has anybody else encountered this problem before?  Will I be fine, or should I try to re-schedule?  Keep in mind that I won't be able to contact the recruiting center until Monday morning.  I'm anxious to keep the ball rolling, so I'd hate for this to be a huge issue.

I actually forgot my photo ID for my interveiw. I got through by rhyming off the service number they had given me on my previous appointment as I had comitted it to memory, after some weird looks and a myriad of security questions they let me in. I guess this won't work for you since you have no SN yet, but I would try and bring everything you mentioned and hope it can be worked out.

I am not in recruiting but hopefully someone that is can chime in. Good luck.

I'm actually having an issue with this right now. I write my CFAT January 12 and since I no longer have a license (it expired and haven't had any chances of getting my G!) what else can I use? If not my health card...?

Get a photo I.D. from Quick Copy. That's where I got mine, and they said it was good.

Would having my birth certificate work? I don't have much for I.D. here...what exactly is Quick Copy? (Other than a printing store, I'm assuming...)

ForLoveandCountry said:
Would having my birth certificate work? I don't have much for I.D. here...what exactly is Quick Copy? (Other than a printing store, I'm assuming...)
Yeah the printing store. That's where I got my photo I.D.

I've never done something like that before, so I'm not entirely sure what kind of I.D. that would be...? I'm also in Petawawa, so my options are a little bit limited to where I can get to lol...Staples?

Does Ontario not issue Age of Majority cards any more?

I will look into that...was just looking for an alternative to something I may already have instead of having to wait or spend money I don't have..

Maybe it's just me, but when I went through CFRC Vancouver, back when the dodo was still on the menu, I took every damn piece of paper I owned that had my name on it, just to avoid having to go back again.  That's probably just me though, I'm bad for that, you know, trying to be prepaired and all.

ForLoveandCountry said:
I'm actually having an issue with this right now. I write my CFAT January 12 and since I no longer have a license (it expired and haven't had any chances of getting my G!) what else can I use? If not my health card...?

Call the recruiter and ask them.

ForLoveandCountry said:

Umm... even if your driver's licence has expired, you should still have it in your hot little hands  - so it can still provide some form of identification...... however, if you did a NO-NO and the judge took it away, then you have some more explaining to do to the nice people at the recruiting centre.

Just a quick point for some people:

It would take less time and the answer would be more accurate if you just pick up your phone and call the recruiting center you are dealling with and ask your simple/quick/strange/dumb/whatever question to the people that will actually be dealing with it.

Hey guys! I didn't LOSE my license by way of law! It expired before I had a chance to try for my G...meaning it was a G2! Not sure how you took that to meaning I was in some sort of trouble. And the recruiting centre is CLOSED FOR THE HOLIDAYS. I don't like leaving things to the last minute, so I came here looking for answers if I could find anything!

ForLoveandCountry;

You say:

I don't like leaving things to the last minute

but before that:

It expired before I had a chance to try for my G...

So,... You don't like leaving things to the last minute?  ::)

Teflon said:
ForLoveandCountry;

You say:

but before that:

So,... You don't like leaving things to the last minute?  ::)

Everything fits somewhere on the priority list and other things in life may have just been higher on the list. Not speaking for his impaticular situation, but just because something may have expired, it doesn't mean it's because they decided to leave it to the last minute.

Michael O`Leary said:
Was a post made in this tone useful, or necessary for this thread?

Tone and Content on Army.ca

Milnet.ca Staff

I thought so

but the whole point of all my post in this thread was to ask ones questions to the recruiting center to get accurate and timely answers insted of posting it here where who knows what value of answers you will recieve but anyways,...

carry on

Teflon said:
I thought so

but the whole point of all my post in this thread was to ask ones questions to the recruiting center to get accurate and timely answers insted of posting it here where who knows what value of answers you will recieve but anyways,...

carry on

Then why didn't you say that?  It might then have come across as helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back