• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Petition to Canada Post for a Support Our Troops Stamp

coffee4ourtroops

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I found this site on the "Highway Of Heroes" Petition and thought you might want to hear about my petition that I created.

It's to Canada Post to issue a series of Support Our Troops & Family members stamps.

This petition started on Oct 27th, 2007 and at the moment we have collected 4970 signatures a lot of which are from members of the Canadian forces and their family members.

It has received some media coverage in The Toronto Sun, CityTV, CTV, CFRA, VOCM Newfoundland, the Downhome Magzine, 570 News London and is going strong.

I am also the creator of the Tim Horton's for our troops website where we sent so far almost $5000.00 in free coffee certificates to soldiers currently serving in Afghanistan.  Through this site I have met so many amazing members of the CF as well as many family members.

If you want to sign the petition all you need to do is click the following link:
http://www.petitiononline.com/SOT/petition.html

Enter Your name, Email address (which is kept private and not displayed) and a optional comment and you're done.

Here is also a picture I made with a few stamps that I made on the Canada Post website
8fltlhz.jpg

Thanks

Dave Murphy
Calgary, Alberta

Dave,

I think that this is a great idea. I first heard of it on VOCM here in NL, but forgot about it until I read your post.

I am #4973 to sign the petition.

Cheers,
Baker.

Thanks, I really hope the links are not seen as spam, as this is not a site for personal gain.  I figured this would be the best place in the world to get the word out on this also!

Dave Murphy said:
I figured this would be the best place in the world to get the word out on this also!
I am sure that most people on here who never knew of this idea will very much love it.

Cheers,
Baker.

Well I was talking to a Soldier last night about it, who's currently on tour in Afghanistan and he said I should put it on a CF Forum!  There are a lot of comments on there from Soldiers and family members if you go to view signatures you can read them. 

#5005... Do you think its possible Dave to someway see that some funds of these stamps if sold, can be given either to Legions or a charity that helps troops families or the troops in any way possible?

Would you mind if I put a link to it on my site?
www.supportthetroops.ca

muffin

The last stamp you have pictured there has US Marines on it, not Canadians.

Petition signed none the less. :)

I wanted to thank everyone on this group as since I posted this here, we have gotten over 130 signatures and it continues to grow!

Thanks so much

Dave Murphy said:
I wanted to thank everyone on this group as since I posted this here, we have gotten over 130 signatures and it continues to grow!

Thanks so much
Glad to be a part.

Ok so we are now over 5800 signatures, thanks to everyone on this site that has signed it.  Problem is Canada Post wants the request in writing now, so on JULY 1st, 2008, i'm asking all my group members to send them a request in writing, telling them they want to see this stamp happen and tell them about the online petition also with the nearly 6000 signatures.

If you want to see the little commercial I made on Facebook here's the link:
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=23280435446&saved

OR you can also view it on You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mE-3wo43Y

If you already signed and want the address to send the letter to it's

Chairperson of the Stamp Advisory Committee
CANADA POST CORPORATION
2701 RIVERSIDE DRIVE SUITE N1070
OTTAWA ON K1A 0B1

Thanks!

Back