• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Personal Firearms

Maelstrom

Inactive
Reaction score
I couldn't find any information about this, hope im asking in the right area.

Once you complete CF firearm safety/use courses do you still need to take the Canadian Firearm Safety Course?

Thank you.

That is a bit weird though. Kind of like being licensed to drive a Porsche(C7) but not my Cavalier ( .22 rifle)  ::)

Not comparable.

The CFSC doesn't teach you how to shoot, it teaches you how to comply with Canadian firearms law.

The military teaches you how to shoot, we do not teach you anything to do with Canadian firearms law (classes of firearms, proper storage, proper transport, etc).

Maelstrom said:
That is a bit weird though. Kind of like being licensed to drive a Porsche(C7) but not my Cavalier ( .22 rifle)  ::)

Just because you can drive NASCAR on a closed track doesn't mean you've demonstrated understanding of a four-way stop.

So the Forces teach firearm safety while shooting and shooting skill, but not Canadian law regarding use of firearms... I can see why CFSC is needed as well. Thanks guys.

Maelstrom said:
So the Forces teach firearm safety while shooting and shooting skill, but not Canadian law regarding use of firearms... I can see why CFSC is needed as well. Thanks guys.

Military, like the police, do not fall within the pervue of Canadian Firearms Laws. No PAL is needed for possesion, not ATTs for transport, no restriction on automatic fire. When you are in uniform with an issue weapon you are not bound by the moronic laws that hamstring civilian shooters and firearms owners.

Back