• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Payment of loss of wages after failing to make a claim prior to the cutoff date

Dano031

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wanted to post that after an 8 year battle of hoophoppin I have been awarded 26 years of back pay. You must prove you we're mentally unable or precluded from filing due to your mental confusion or actual mental injury ie  PTSD. Get in contact with your MP and push back and don't quit. The first thing to do is to access ALL of your files, all of them anything with mention of your name,all notes reports and referrals. I was lucky enough to find a letter telling my Co. That I had a "mixed personality disorder" something they never told me. But because of that small letter I was tested and found to have PTSD. VA SURE STARTED SINGING A DIFFERENT TUNE. And after three different doctors and tests came back positive they decided that my claim was valid. If you can prove you we're mental stressed by your injury or situation you have a chance. Oh ya if you do win you can expect taxation Canada to jump in and claim some 40% of your cash.LOL  Well maybe someday they will learn because this Patricia loves a good fight. Now that fight is whether the superannuation act reads we receive the 75% before or after taxes well I guess we will see. Take Care My Brothers and Sisters remember there is nothing like the feeling of being in a good fight for the right reasons even if you get knocked down again and again. Thanks to the Patricia's who taught me what I learned in the Battalion and the Winnipeg Rifle who was my Old Man, Keep Your Heads Up. Dano

Nice work Dano.  Just a few questions,  did you file for Disability Tax Credit (T2201) with CRA?  That might soften the hit on taxes.  To answer your question about taxes,  it won't be the CFSA that states that, it is CRA and the answer is "at source" meaning as soon as you receive it.  Not sure what you mean about the 75% and the superannuation act as SISIP is an insurance company and VAC Vochab (the 2 that pay the 75%) on wage loss earnings/earning loss benefit are not governed under CFSA.

I would argue that the claim should be settled under VAC charter 1 (monthly pension) since it was back dated, if not already done. Hope you still have a bit of fight left in yah!

Hmm, interesting. I tried to get my release cat changed to medical but no go. Wouldn't mind chatting a bit off line.

Back