• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay/rank issues

Da_man

Reaction score
I joined on march 30th 2004, and I will be releasing from the reserves soon and I have not worked for them this year. I never actually got my cpl promotion on parade, so I was still a pte.    My problem is that i got my file the other day and in the system i was promoted on march 30th.  I have worked 76 days since this promotion, paid as Pte.  Now this is roughly a $1100 more i should have gotten right?  I never got a retro or anything.  What should i do?

Da_man said:
I joined on march 30th 2004, and I will be releasing from the reserves soon and I have not worked for them this year. I never actually got my cpl promotion on parade, so I was still a pte.    My problem is that i got my file the other day and in the system i was promoted on march 30th.  I have worked 76 days since this promotion, paid as Pte.  Now this is roughly a $1100 more i should have gotten right?  I never got a retro or anything.  What should i do?

Ok you have to straighten out the story. 

1.  You have not worked with the Reserves this year (2007) which, first off, unless you are ED & T, you are NES I am betting. 

2.  You were promoted in the system 30 Mar 07?  or 06?  and worked 76 days since.

Just because the system says you were promoted, did your CO ever actually promote you?  If not, well, AFAIK, you were never promoted then?  Sort of vague details.  Did anyone ever tell you "you can wear Cpl's rank now"?  Anything?

CFAO 49-5 - CAREER POLICY - NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBER -PRIMARY RESERVE link below:

http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/admfincs/subjects/cfao/049-05_e.asp

If you are looking for the supposed $1100 you are "owed", the best advice I can give you is to contact your Unit Chief Clerk or Orderly Room staff, and bring this to their attention.  If you haven't paraded with your unit this year, I am going to suggest that the Coy/Sqn/whatever who owns you may not drop what they are doing to help you...but I could be wrong.

Orderly Room is my advice.

Added - which file?  Your MPRR?  Pers File?

Da_man said:
I never got a retro or anything.  What should i do?
Ask those who know all the details - your C-O-C and Orderly Room.

Back