• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay, deductions???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better to not pay us an extra 5 thousand a year and just lower our salary but not have us pay for board and food. That way, our overall taxable income is a lot lower.

ArmyDave said:
He said absolutely nothing about not wanting to join, I see nothing wrong with stating personal views on a matter.  It's comments and attitudes like the quote above that ruin many online communities.

You could always seek employement elsewhere

Same goes for you.

kincanucks said:
You could always seek employement elsewhere

Same goes for you.

Explain?  You come off as being somewhat childish with comments like that.

ZxExN said:
Better to not pay us an extra 5 thousand a year and just lower our salary but not have us pay for board and food. That way, our overall taxable income is a lot lower.

Yeah, thats a good one...that way the rest of us who dont live in get payed less........ ::)

ArmyDave said:
He said absolutely nothing about not wanting to join, I see nothing wrong with stating personal views on a matter.  It's comments and attitudes like the quote above that ruin many online communities.

When i said he could seek employement elsewhere, i meant that if its that much of a deal the the CF charges  X amount of money for R&Q then you need to reconsider your choice of employement.  You get payed pretty good for being unskilled.

Im a single private. Been in aroundabout 6 months. You're looking at taking home about $650 for a regular paycheck every two weeks after deductions. More if you are married or commonlaw because you get R&Q back plus seperation allowance.

Quit complaining about the pay and deductions, you don't get paid at too many other places to be TRAINED... to fire guns and march around with green crap. Heck, when they put you in a tent for a night you get 17 dollars..

Also, complaining gives your position away to the enemy..

aesop081 said:
Yeah, thats a good one...that way the rest of us who dont live in get payed less........ ::)

When i said he could seek employement elsewhere, i meant that if its that much of a deal the the CF charges  X amount of money for R&Q then you need to reconsider your choice of employement.  You get payed pretty good for being unskilled.

I have no disagreements with the wages being decent, I was simply stating that he should be allowed to express his opinion without being jumped all over.  I apologize for my harsh tone, it just seems that new members are treated with considerable disrespect simply because of a low post count.

ArmyDave said:
I have no disagreements with the wages being decent, I was simply stating that he should be allowed to express his opinion without being jumped all over.  I apologize for my harsh tone, it just seems that new members are treated with considerable disrespect simply because of a low post count.

No. I jump on people who have nothing better to do than complain about pay and alowances.  You people joining today have jackshit to complain about.  When i joined we started at pay incentive "private recruit" then "private basic" then "private trained" then private 1.  You guys start at private 1 from the word go. Thos on this site senior enough will remember the wage freze where we go not incentive raises for 2 years.  All the allowances have gone up in the last 2 years as well.  You get 20 days vacation....payed....per year plus all the freebie days off ( pre and post deployemtn,short leave, special leave), you have acces to compasionate leave......payed.......free dental and free health care, LTA, education benefits.......the list goes on !!

But thats ok....$365 a month for R&Q..........now thats outrageous  ::) ( considering he is going to live in quaters for less than a year)

Just a word of caution to us newbies, if you have nothing good to say don't say. And if you're new talk less and listen more in this case type less and read more.

Can anyone give me a link or info on the benefits payed if married? I will admit that the price for board ($360 per month) is acceptable if it is for all 30 days of that month - is it though?

0007 said:
Can anyone give me a link or info on the benefits payed if married? I will admit that the price for board ($360 per month) is acceptable if it is for all 30 days of that month - is it though?

Yes.....all 30........all 31 and even all 28...........depends what month it is

0007 said:

You don't pay for rations and quarters if you are married.  You know what people?  Spend less time worrying about what you are going to be paid and what you are going to be paying for and more time worrying about getting into this fine organization and doing the best possible job you can.  If you are worried about the money aspect of being in the CF then look for a job some where else.

kincanucks said:
You don't pay for rations and quarters if you are married.  You know what people?  Spend less time worrying about what you are going to be paid and what you are going to be paying for and more time worrying about getting into this fine organization and doing the best possible job you can.  If you are worried about the money aspect of being in the CF then look for a job some where else.

Yes, yes. Thanks for all your positive input here. Perhaps it is you who should look for another job; one where you don't have to deal with people's annoying questions?

Of all the officers I've had the pleasure of meeting, I've never seen such pettiness and bickering. The internet brings out the worse of people. At the end of the day, we're all apart of the same team people. Some people have a family and have to worry about things such as money. Shit the world runs on money. Get off your high horse and stop acting as though you'd still serve in the CF even if they didn't pay you. I'm honoured to serve my country and am happy for the compensation they intern provide but I would never insult anyone if they raise any financial concerns cause not everyone who asks about compensation are gold diggers. If there isn't much more to add to this thread, I suggest we just close it cause it's just wasting bandwidth and value time from the officers on this board who are probably very busy.

ZxExN said:
Of all the officers I've had the pleasure of meeting, I've never seen such pettiness and bickering. The internet brings out the worse of people. At the end of the day, we're all apart of the same team people. Some people have a family and have to worry about things such as money. crap the world runs on money. Get off your high horse and stop acting as though you'd still serve in the CF even if they didn't pay you. I'm honoured to serve my country and am happy for the compensation they intern provide but I would never insult anyone if they raise any financial concerns cause not everyone who asks about compensation are gold diggers. If there isn't much more to add to this thread, I suggest we just close it cause it's just wasting bandwidth and value time from the officers on this board who are probably very busy.

:cheers: :salute:

I think we're done here.  If anyone has something to add on the original topic, please contact a Moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back