• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

pay cycle

shortym

Inactive
Reaction score
i just have a question about the pay cycle. when you work from the 1st of the month to the 15 of the month do you get that on the  end of the month pay or is it on that 15th????

You are paid twice a month, on the 15th and on the last day of the month.

rezz said:
You are paid twice a month, on the 15th and on the last day of the month.

Unless that day falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, in which case you are paid on the preceding banking day.

As the OP is (as judged from his other posts) a very recent enrollee in the Primary Reserve, perhaps he is more specifically looking for information on how quickly will he receive pay for his Class A days, i.e. will days worked in the first half of the month be reflected on the mid-month pay.

Considering that every time I remember getting some extra money on my pay (claims) it was never on the pay period immediately following so I'm guessing the OP will receive pay at the end of the month, not on the 15th.  Again, just a guess.

Class A (part-time) pay in the Reserves is paid in arrears.  Thus, days worked in the first half of the month (1st through 15th) are paid at the end of that month.  Days worked from the 16th through the end of the month are paid in the middle of the next month.

dapaterson said:
Class A (part-time) pay in the Reserves is paid in arrears.  Thus, days worked in the first half of the month (1st through 15th) are paid at the end of that month.  Days worked from the 16th through the end of the month are paid in the middle of the next month.

True, however much depends on the OR doing the pay sheets. At my unit they input them on parade night. At others... not so much.

Yes, the quality of the unit admin and finance staff has a direct impact on the quality of the pay.

As the original poster was just sworn in a week ago and unless things have changed in the reserve pay system he shouldn't expect a pay too soon.
When I was in it wasn't unheard of for a new recruit to wait many months for their first pay. As a NCO I was constantly attempting to get their pay for them quicker, generally without a lot of success.
I remember a Company Commander addressing the company about some peoples low attendance.
His comment was "If you were working at McDonalds and didn't show up regularly you wouldn't have a job for long."
He wasn't impressed with my response " But sir that wouldn't be a problem at all. None of these soldiers would still be working there if they hadn't received a pay check in 4 to 6 months."

I've never understood why Reserve pay seems to be so screwed up.  I left the Naval Reserve 25 years ago and it sounds to me as if many of the pay problems we had then still exist.  Only now it seems, we have computers to help foul it up faster and more seriously.  :nod:  What is so difficult about inputting a pay sheet into the system in a timely manner?  Apparently, I was lucky in that I only had one serious pay problem in my time in the Reserve.  The master print-out of payments printed my name on the seam between two pages (i.e. it didn't print) and so a cheque was never issued.  It took two years to sort it out.  I had actually left the Reserve by then and I had to personally go to the finance section at Central Militia Area HQ, but I did get my money in the end (after they confirmed that the cheque that was never issued was never cashed).  All my other pay was on time and I had my first pay within my first month in the Reserve.

Pusser

Sweatie's theory on how to fix the Reserve Pay system is to use it to pay all the general and flag officers.

alright thanks guys .. and  thanks for the informations i will keep track of my hours just incase of problems

Just to add to this from an old res fin - there is no reason for someone to wait 4 to 6 months for a pay other than a slack clerk and chain of command at the unit.  If the member has not appeared into the system for pay transactions then the unit can calculate his pay and have it issued to him.  Bet if the coc made the clerks do this the members problems would get solved a lot quicker too.  Remember - regulations state pay dates are the 15th and end month and that the member is entitled to received his pay on those dates. It is up to the coc to make it happen.

and a point on pay problems - when I ran the pay office I did up a pay problem sheet that the members filled out if they were missing pay.  This sheet was returned to them the following week with an answer to the problem.  I kept copies and at the end of each month went through them to see what categories the problems fell into.  1% of pay problems were due to the finance staff.  Almost all were a result of the member not signing in or the paysheets not passed by the companies to the finance office in time for the pay run.  A few were simply the member thinking they should have received more pay (wishful thinking) and at least one case the platoon officer was filing the sheets in his cabinet.  I believe the record in the finance office was so good simply because the staff knew they were being watched, checked and had to answer for their mistakes (my firing one private may have made the point).

Back