• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay concerns in regards to OT's

grayman

Inactive
Reaction score
I've done some research on other posts and the one this would fit under has not been active for some time, so I'm going to post a new one.  In regards to OT's, on acceptance of your new trade, I understand the loss of rank, but do you also lose the pay?  I've researched CFAO's, DAOD's etc, but they are not specific in this regard (either that or I'm not looking in the right spot).  I've asked the BPSO, but he seems unsure as well.  I have plenty of hearsay and rumour from your barrack block BPSO's and clerks, but I would like a definite yay or nay in regards to this matter, preferably a reference, from some form of military document.  Again I heard everthing from, you keep your pay until qualified in your new trade, to, relinquishment to Cpl basic and pay scale....I'm some what confused

Any help would be appreciated

My reading of CFAO 49-04 leads me to believe that you relinquish your rank, and that if you're at the rank of MCpl or above, you go to the corresponding Cpl pay grade. That is to say, a MCpl IPC 2 would become Cpl IPC 2, and a Sgt IPC 1 would become Cpl IPC4. You are vested at the nearest pay grade to your grade in the old trade/rank. Unless you were promoted above Cpl from the Cpl basic pay grade, you can't be returned to it. Just my interpretation, your BOR should be able to give you a more definitive answer, but when I remustered, the above situation was the case.

See the CFAO here:  CFAO 49-04

Thanks for the info, if offered, I'm taking the trade regardless, but clarification is always good before jumping ship, as it were.

Cheers

If VOT, then as ModlrMike has stated. But if COT, then you retain your current rate of pay until your rank and incentive in the new occupation equates or surpasses it.

Here is an added twist...I am in a situation where I was Res MCpl 4, ct to reg 2LT and has applied to become a Reg force NCM in a different trade from what I was in the reserves.  I was 6B qualified in my res trade, and have almost 12 years in (credited with about 7 when they add up all the time).

When I go back to NCM what rank and pay do I go to (I still have credit for my 6Bs and PLQ)?

I asked the PSO and she did not know...and the QR&Os are really ambiguous about this.

BackAndForth said:
Here is an added twist...I am in a situation where I was Res MCpl 4, ct to reg 2LT and has applied to become a Reg force NCM in a different trade from what I was in the reserves.  I was 6B qualified in my res trade, and have almost 12 years in (credited with about 7 when they add up all the time).

When I go back to NCM what rank and pay do I go to (I still have credit for my 6Bs and PLQ)?

I asked the PSO and she did not know...and the QR&Os are really ambiguous about this.

I did almost the same thing.

First, if you are OTing, you can expect to be Cpl IPC 4 (Standard pay group) based on the info you provided.

I was 6B and SLC qual'd.  While my 6B shows up on my Reg Force MPRR, it means nothing in the new MOC.  Thats a no brainer.  But, for my viewing pleasure, its on my MPRR. 

As for your PLQ qual, if it doesn't transfer over, you can request an equivalency thru CDA for PLQ.  I did for both PLQ and ILQ [I had done CLC (1993) and SLC (2002)]. 

DWAN Link For PLQ Equivalency

Thank you for the reply...it does take some weight off my mind...although I know until I get a message nothing is set in stone.

I shouldn't have any problem with the PLQ, although I have to apply to get some mods added to my MPRR that aren't there now, and I know my 6Bs mean nothing to my new trade, but are still included.

I am glad to hear I am not the only person to go through this strange way of doing things (reserve, reg commisions, reg ncm).

thanks again!

Back