• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Patiently waiting

Lerick

Inactive
Reaction score
sup guys....im really sad about the canadian army....i start my recruting process last year in march 04....im still waiting ....i did all the test! last time i called, the lady told me i should receive news arround may2005...my cousin is an officer in the U.S army, he told me in usa as soon as u apply u get NEWs...lol..i guess in canada hockey is more important than anything else lol...im patiently waiting to be a soldier....

my name is on the list sence jan05...i hope ill realize my dream!

Join the club ... everyone except the infantry recruits are still waiting and even some of them haven't heard back just yet. I've been waiting since last August and had my own encounters, so I know where you're coming from.

I'll give you a suggestion that I learned the hard way:

When they say "you will hear back in 2 more weeks" - don't believe them.
When they say "you will hear back in 4 more weeks" - don't believe them
When they say "you will hear back in x amount more weeks" - don't believe them.

I've been told, in order:
You will hear back about your file in 2 weeks. It turned out to be 4 1/2
You will hear back about your med doc when it gets to Borden in a few days. It arrived in 1 1/2 weeks.
You will hear back about your accepted or rejected status in 2 weeks. That became 4 weeks.
When I called a few days ago to ask why I heard nothing yet, I was told: You will hear back in another 4-6 weeks.

My ultimate suggestion to you is to take their time estimates with a grain of salt, because they must all be wearing watches with no hands and written in Chinese characters with the numbers reversed. If you think about it all the time, like I have and have been trying my best not to, it's just going to depress and de-motivate the hell out of you.

Think of anything else except that - put it out of your mind. You'll get the call when you get the call, that simple.

I'm infantry, waiting since November 03, (haven't had the smoothest process lol), as Steve said, their estimates are pretty wonkey.  I was told That my medical file was in Borden for review (this is in this past Feb), and that it would take 4-6 weeks to hear anything.  It was back in 13 days or so.  Then I was told that I'm having another Criminal Record check and that should take 2-3 weeks, try 2 months, (never did find out why, but I'm pretty sure it sat on someone's desk),  then I got told that they were transferring my file to a different CFRC for the P.T. re-test and interview, they told me that would take another two weeks before I heard from them, they called in two days, and now I wait until April 12th, to re-do my p.t. test AGAIN, and once that is done I can book my next interview.

I have been waiting for a Loooong time now, and expect to be waiting more, just relax, keep at them, it will happen.  Good luck.

When they say "you will hear back in 2 more weeks" - don't believe them.
When they say "you will hear back in 4 more weeks" - don't believe them
When they say "you will hear back in x amount more weeks" - don't believe them.

I've been told, in order:
You will hear back about your file in 2 weeks. It turned out to be 4 1/2
"You will hear back about your med doc when it gets to Borden in a few days. It arrived in 1 1/2 weeks.
You will hear back about your accepted or rejected status in 2 weeks. That became 4 weeks.
When I called a few days ago to ask why I heard nothing yet, I was told: You will hear back in another 4-6 weeks.

My ultimate suggestion to you is to take their time estimates with a grain of salt, because they must all be wearing watches with no hands and written in Chinese characters with the numbers reversed. If you think about it all the time, like I have and have been trying my best not to, it's just going to depress and de-motivate the heck out of you.

Think of anything else except that - put it out of your mind. You'll get the call when you get the call, that simple."

Good Grief, have Veteran's Affairs and the Candian Firearms Centre taken over Recruiting?

Tom

I put my application into the reserve unit that I'm trying to join in January of this year. They told me that I would hear back in a few weeks. I kept checking up on it with the unit recruiter and he told me that it was being processed. Well, just today I went directly to the recruiting center to get an update and they told me that they had never received my application  ???.

To make things worse, the unit recruiter that I submitted it to is away on course so I can't contact him about it. So I have no idea what to do. It's pretty frustrating.

I'm having a bad time too. ::)  My CT papers arrived at the recruiting center 2 months ago, and Today I asked how long it would be until I could start being processed. The recruiter told me there are lots of papers that have priority over mine, and she didn't know when they'd get started on mine. Then I asked if it would take a month or a year to start being processed.  And she answered that she had no idea, but it would be awhile.

So looks like I'm heading down in person on Monday to see why my papers don't deserve to be processed. (Also the part about "You're joining the primary reserves right?"  , got me a bit worried lol)

TCBF said:
Good Grief, have Veteran's Affairs and the Candian Firearms Centre taken over Recruiting?
Tom

I believe so, because the time it took to hear about my file to the Borden transfer up to now has been roughly 3 months.

My non-restricted firearms license took about 2 months and 3 weeks (from the day it arrived at Miramichi mind you) to get my license card back approved. I am going to write my restricted one soon and expect it to be complete somewhere near by birthday (I was born 20 Nov). Unfortunately, I am only being partially sarcastic.

So it would seem that the same diabolical hand is guiding both entities.

QY Rang if you hadnt failed your PT test the first time maybe you wouldnt be waiting so long

in :bullet: :bullet: :bullet:

SeanPaul_031 said:
QY Rang if you hadnt failed your PT test the first time maybe you wouldnt be waiting so long

in :bullet: :bullet: :bullet:

Pretty lippy with 6 posts.

Listen, the amount of posts I have holds no ground to the relevance of my comment.
What I am saying is this, everyone is told what to expect on the PT test and we are all given sufficient time to get in shape for it. There is no excuse to fail it. It is easy enough that 1 months notice is MORE than enough time to prepare for it.

When I went in for my PT, some guys could only do 12 pushups. YOU ARE TOLD YOU MUST BE ABLE TO DO 19 PUSHUPS.

in  :bullet: :bullet: :bullet:

and yes, failing your PT test will slow down your application process, nevermind that it looks bad on your character that you werent prepared.

in3  :bullet: :bullet: :bullet:

On the lengh of time it takes to be processesd:

This is pretty astounding to me - I admit, the last time I was in a recruiting office was 28 Oct 76, but it sounds like somethig is bloody seriously out of wack here.

Sounds like most applicants can get DIVORCED faster than they can get SWORN IN.

Tom

Gee SeanPaul, I'm glad everyone has the same attitude as you. I was barely able to pass the entrance PT test on account of a rugby injury, I failed my first CF Expres test, I only recently passed my first RMC PT test and I've been in for a year and a half. Seriously, you're not making a lot of friends with that attitude. Sure PT is important, but remember, you're not expected to be JTF2 material when you get in, they just need something to work with. Give these people a break and stop with the character attacks.

1)Were told what is on the test
2)Were given enough time to prepare for it
3)Were given a pamphlet with a CD-ROM that has a sepecific work-out plan designed so you can pass the test
4)The test is easy

Taking these 4 points into account, the only reason I can see why anyone would fail this test is that they are not motivated (or theyre injured as you said you were, whicch is excusable). And those who are not motivated are not army material, IMO. Were all adults here, lets treat each other like adults and not feel sorry for each other.

SeanPaul, seeing how you're a recruit yourself:

SeanPaul_031 said:
Hey, I was merit listed just last tuesday march 29, for 031 inf. My question is:

1)How do they decide among those who are merit listed who will be going away on the next BMQ? Is it   a first come first serve basis or do they decide based on my qualifications and MP score? If the decisions are MP scored based, what are my chances of gettin accepted for the April 12 BMQ, assuming I have a very high MP score?

To sum it up, how long is the waiting period after one has become merit listed?

Thx for any input.

...perhaps you should get your boots issued before you start to Talk the Talk around here.

Don't be too hasty to burn all your bridges around these parts.

...hasn't been issued a C7 yet and can't strip it and already lecturing and belittling people in a phase not very far behind his own. That's just swell.

Unless recruit training has changed in 25 years, you are gonna be flavour of the month at boot school with that kind of attitude...

CHIMO,  Kat

SeanPaul_031 said:
1)Were told what is on the test
2)Were given enough time to prepare for it
3)Were given a pamphlet with a CD-ROM that has a sepecific work-out plan designed so you can pass the test
4)The test is easy

Taking these 4 points into account, the only reason I can see why anyone would fail this test is that they are not motivated (or theyre injured as you said you were, whicch is excusable). And those who are not motivated are not army material, IMO. Were all adults here, lets treat each other like adults and not feel sorry for each other.

I injured my right wrist while transporting a television.  My right arm was confined in a wrist brace pretty much 24/7 for about a month.  Thankfully I'm left handed.  Unfortunately, I began to over compensate with my left hand and ended up needing to put that in a wrist brace for a good amount of time, almsot as much as the right hand. 

Yes, I had time after my wrists had healed before my PT test.  Unfortunately, no one was able to tell me how much time I would need to be able to grip 37.5kg each hand.  The recruiting centre said to do the test anyway.

So...am I not motivated?  Am I lazy?  Am I not army material?  Maybe you should think before you speak.  People fail for different reasons.  It doesn't mean they aren't motivated or aren't army material.

i wish they take my first trade...wich is Communicator Research(comm rsch)...after u receive the call , what happen from there?im very optimiste lol...i enjoy chatting about army etc...puttin out army from my mind is not an option....ive been waiting for too long to serve my country!

plz holla at me if u know about comm rs,do not refer me to website...i need 411 

:cdn:
well i been waiting and waiting not as long as some of you i apply Feb 28 2005 and i was told my application still under review. ugh why it take SO long to review the application. i think they need better strategy on filing. i went the requiting office in my city cuz i accidentally left my cards there and they couldn't find them i watch them look for them going to 1 filing cabin to another to another back some they been. they found my cards 15min after i left. i am waiting to do my aptitude   :army:

Back