• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Past drinking affecting recruitment

Bnelson507

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, posted this in another board but I think this is a better spot for it.

Hello,

I am new to the forum and thinking about joining the Canadian forces. I used to drink a lot but went to AA and haven't drank in 2 years. Will this disqualify me from being recruited?

Any help would be appreciated. If this is the wrong forum for this please let me know.

Bnelson507 said:
Hello, posted this in another board but I think this is a better spot for it.

Hello,

I am new to the forum and thinking about joining the Canadian forces. I used to drink a lot but went to AA and haven't drank in 2 years. Will this disqualify me from being recruited?

Any help would be appreciated. If this is the wrong forum for this please let me know.
Hello, I admitted to smoking weed when it was illegal and drinking underage, hasn’t effected me what so ever, in my opinion you’ll be fine, just don’t lie to them. (some might say I’m dumb for admitting that stuff) but it’s a question that is asked and I told truthfully. I have heard of other people being turned down for the weed stuff but that was before it was legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As said above, just tell the truth. They’ll ask you that sort of stuff in the interview, should you chose to apply, but if you’re interested, just go for it.

I’d suggest staying away from the Navy trades..... ;)

Back