• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Passing of W.O. Birt

Nfld Sapper

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Allan Ewart Birt
1959-2007
The passing of Allan Ewart Birt, of Lincoln, NB, husband of Vicky (Ross) Birt, occurred on Friday, March 09, 2007 at his residence. Born in Prince Edward Island he was the son of the late Norman and Bessie (Keeping) Birt. Allan served with the Canadian Armed Forces for twenty-seven years, was a member of the Church of Christ, Fredericton where he served on the church building committee. He enjoyed woodworking and was an avid Tampa Bay Lightning hockey fan.

In addition to his wife, Allan is survived by his children, Mason and Logan and step-son, Jason Brown of Lincoln, NB; three brothers, Ray (Herta) Birt of Saint John, NB, Colin (Sandra) Birt and Angus (Carol Ann) Birt both of Prince Edward Island; five sisters, Norma (Wayne) Pike, Marilyn (Frank) MacNeill, Ola (Gary) MacDougall, Carolyn Birt all of Prince Edward Island and Florence (Rodney) Nangreaves of Nova Scotia; mother and father-in-law, John and (Freda) Ross and several nieces and nephews. Besides his parents, Allan was predeceased by two brothers, Danny and Boyce Birt.

Visitation will take place at York Funeral Home, 302 Brookside Drive, Fredericton on Sunday from 7-9 pm. A Funeral Service will be held on Monday, March 12, 2007 at 11:00 am from York Funeral Home’s T. Gordon MacLeod Memorial Chapel with Geoff Conley officiating. Interment will take place in the Sherwood Cemetery, Prince Edward Island on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 at 1 pm. In lieu of flowers, remembrances to the Church of Christ Building Fund or to a charity of the donor’s choice would be appreciated by the family. Personal condolences may be offered through www.yorkfh.com.

My Condolences to the family.

CHIMO!  :cdnsalute:

Having had the opportunity to meet WO Birt this past summer, I can say that his loss truly is a great loss. My condolences to his family. RIP, Warrant.
UBIQUE

I served with Al a few times over the years.... This is sad news indeed.  Any details released on the "how" of it?  Al was one of the good guys, Rest in Peace, my friend.  :salute:

Sorry to hear of his passing. I knew Mason's mother and did Mason's recruit medical. RIP  :cdn:  :salute:

Its a tough year for the Sappers, sorry to hear of another loss. I served with Birt at 22Fd Sqn, and always enjoyed a laugh with him.
Chimo Brother Beaver,
Randy Thomas

Back