• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Passengers Refuse To Fly

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
I dont blame the passengers. ;D

HeathrowAccRUK_468x310.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=491527&in_page_id=1770&in_a_source=&ct=5

SriLankan Airlines insisted there was no danger in flying without a wing tip.

It added: "They are purely for aerodynamics and to keep fuel costs to a minimum. There is no impact on safety at all. Safety is our absolute priority."

After reading the title of this thread, I was half expecting it to be related to the Singapore Airlines asking A-380 passengers to refrain from joining the mile-high club.

;D :rofl: At least I wasn't the only one thinking that when I first saw the title of this thread.

Guess Im not the only one thinking that as well

on topic..

"Purely aerodynamics"

Hahaha

Rocketryan said:
on topic..

"Purely aerodynamics"

Hahaha
It's essentialy true.

Burt Rutan's Voyager lost it's winglets on takeoff... then proceeded to fly around the world.

Not that I might not feel a little uncomfortable getting on the plane.

I predict a future story:

SriLanka Airlines plane crashes

Authorities were baffled when a SriLanka Airlines plane crashed, with one wing broken off.  "We don't understand it," said one official on condition of anonymity.  "The wing was purely aerodynamic.  The plane should have been able to fly without it.  We had no way to see this coming."

I don't care how "safe" I was told that plane is, or by how many people with pieces of paper deemed from a higher education. I would also without a doubt refuse to get on that plane.

The winglets are non lift producing parts of the wings designed to help eliminate wing tip Vortices which are essentially a from of drag.
If the aircraft was signed off by a company mechanic it was fine to fly, because losing a plane is bad for business. They wouldn't let it fly in anything less than airworthy condition.
It wouldn't have made me feel to good to fly on a plane that that the pilot can't even drive on the ground .

If thats how they treat their property, imagine how they handle our baggage! :blotto:

Safe to fly yes....

Would DH fly on that.... Probably (with a first class upgrade please, going down in style!)

That photo is misleading as well, it shows the Boeing 747 that was in fact grounded not the sirlankna aircraft that was differed.

Dolphin_Hunter said:
Safe to fly yes....

Would DH fly on that.... Probably (with a first class upgrade please, going down in style!)

and a couple bottles of the finest single malt.

Back