• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Parachutist wings from cadets on my PRes or RegF uniform

• Thread starter silentseaforthsoldier
  • Start date
Just a note on the previous couple replies, CF Jump wings are worn regardless of what uniform you wear, there are certain qualifications that take precedence, CF pilot wings (not Cadet ones) are one of them. You wear the CF pilot wings on your left chest above the pocket and if you qualify for permanent retention you wear them there forever. IE, if I join the army reserves when I leave the reg force, I would still wear my pilot wings on the army uniform or if I joined the CIC air, I would still wear my CF pilot wings and never wear the cadet ones. If you have jump wings and pilot wings, mini jump wings are worn on the left breast pocket in DEUs. I'm pretty sure it's not optional whether or not you wear the badge, if you've been awarded the qualification you wear the badge, so an air cadet or sea cadet that had received their jump wings would be required to wear them.

Cheers

condor888000 said:
Untrue. 1 air cadet and 1 sea cadet go each year.

Where did u get this information, im 99% positive that no sea cadets or air cadets go on the army army cadet parachute course

could one of the members who is a cadet and done the Bpara course confirm this

1 in my sqn had it. This was a while back, around 2000 may not still be possible...

as far as i know there are no spots for air and sea on the para course.  and i have known a few guys that have got their wings only a year after joining the QOR.

There is no spot available for anything else then army cadet on PARA.

Now, the only possible way I can see (which might not be official version) is if they cant full the course with army cadets (which would not happen in a million of years), they might want to take other people on board.

Get your act together people and consult the CATO (Cadet trg directives oreders) once in awhile.
They are available on the Internet.
They will tell you all the criterias for any courses in the Army cadet program.

Cheers :cdn:

There are absolutly positively no sea or air cadets on the damn cadet jump course, ITS AN ARMY CADET COURSE. I have not done the course as a cadet but I can assure you the oodles of friends I have that did the course in cadets did NOT jump with sea or air cadets.

Hi everyone, first of all I'd just like to say that reading all your posts had me feeling incredibly respectful and envious.
I just learned about the para course this past summer in Vernon, and I sencerely believe that I am meant for this course.  

chrisp1j said:
Run like ****. If you can run 10k non-stop, at a reasonably quick pace, you'll be fine. If you wan't to push yourself, the front pack runs at a decent cross-country race pace for just over an hour on the average afternoon run (when you stop to do pughups, stay out of the ditch as best you can...a bunch of us got nailed with poison ivy).  
Morning runs are shorter, but way faster (we're talking 3/4 sprint).

Pay attention to detail, It will save you many pushups (not that they are a bad thing) and pissed off instructors (that=5th point in combat boots).

If you can do bare minimum, you'll have a hard time(be able to at least pass the old test).

I am pretty confused chris, I can indeed run 10k non-stop, there is a annual run here in Vancouver called the vancouver sun run, its exactly 10k and ive done it twice, my better time was 56min, I know that's not something to brag about but it's not too bad either right? :p.   But u mentioned that the front pack takes over an hour?
Also, some of you mentioned that there is a new fitness standard now, i would really apprieciate it if any of you could provide me with some info/link on the current standards :D
And one last thing, as of now, my training consists of a 2.4k run every day before school (it will certainly increase) and going to the gym after school.   Any comments or suggestion on that would be greatly apprieciated.

Thanks Alot!

I believe what Chris meant was that including the stops for push-ups etc and the many double left wheels on the runs, we went a little over an hour.

Good on ya for keeping consistent with the training.

Oh that make it alot clearer McBear, thanks.
on the other hand... i apparently got a long ways to go :-\

If you could provide me with some info on the current standards, I'd be very grateful.
also, is it true that they dont allow ppl with glasses to go anymore?  

I was privileged to go on the Basic Parachutist Course as an Army Cadet a long time ago...  :warstory:
There has been some good advice provided about meeting physical requirements and so on, so I won't repeat it here.

One thing I would suggest is to make sure that you are mentally prepared.  If you enjoy activities like rappelling and
climbing, then you will likely be ok.  I recall that, other than injuries, the thing that rtu'd most candidates regardless of their physical abilities was an inability to trust the systems that they were using; trust their fellow candidates; trust the staff; and above all trust themselves.

Willingly throwing yourself out of an aircraft involves a great deal of trust.  Someone who has trouble trusting won't do well.  That said, it's a great course and anyone selected to go has already jumped through some major hurdles.  Have a good one.

thanks alot redleafjumper, no one has clearly brought up the issue of mental fitness until you did.
I've always loved climbing ever since i was in kindergarten, :D and i think abseiling is pretty cool.

well youve been a great help, i will keep your words in mind.

My friend is a MWO in his cadet corps and he told me that he had his para wings for the reg foece. But what I found funny was that he is only 16 years old. So how could he get his para wings for the reg force at only 16? is that even possible?

in cadets they show the minimum required for the basic wings but he doesn't have what it take to be an operational jumper

thanx for helping me just asking cause my friend likes to tell tall tales thanx for your help SEB123 :salute:

thanx for helping me just asking cause my friend likes to tell tall tales thanx for your help SEB123 :salute: Are u in te CF yourself?

How can you be minumally qualified but not operational?? ???, some one explain please?

Back