• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pakistanis immigrating to Canada

Yrys

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
I presume it will be in english news later, but in the mean (?) time :

http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/National/2006/12/15/004-immigration-documents.shtml

my loose translation :

In 2003, Immigration Canada and 'SCRS ' were doing an investigation about 55
(Radio-Canada says  around 100) people who had false or lost identifications papers.

Some of them had legal Pakistani passports, obtained through their embassy in Montréal.
Immigraton Canada have retained the false papers but gave back the legal passports because they didn't
have enough proof that false identities had been used to obtain the passports.

Immigraton services are saying that they now know who those individuals are (which contradicts a
french news report that I saw) and that now nothing is against these people becoming Canadian citizens.

(I translated what had most impact on me ...)

Édith : thanks Synthos :)

Just a little fixing upping :D Thanks for the news tip!
I presume it will be in english news later, but in the mean time :

http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/National/2006/12/15/004-immigration-documents.shtml

my loose translation :

In 2003, Immigration Canada and 'SCRS ' were doing an investigation about 55
(Radio-Canada says  around 100) people who had false or lost identifications papers.

Some of them had legal Pakistani passports, obtained through their embassy in Montréal.
Immigraton Canada have retained the false papers but gave back the legal passports because they didn't
have enough proof that false identities had been used to obtain the passports.

Immigraton services are saying that they now know who those individuals are (which contradicts a
french news report that I saw) and that now nothing is against these people becoming Canadian citizens.

(I translated what had most impact on me ...)

I'm really happy to be bilingual, I can't believe so information
that can be on news media in one language and not the others,
sometimes... I mean, isn't interesting to know that we have
unidentified people that  will become Canadians citizens ?

Mmm, now to choose a third one to learn... (And no, Captain Scarlet,
not German, but thanks  ;) )

Yrys said:
Mmm, now to choose a third one to learn... (And no, Captain Scarlet,
not German, but thanks  ;) )

Why not? It's the same linguistic family as English, with very similar grammatical rules.  Also, unlike english and especially unlike french, german is VERY obedient to its rules about phonetics.
See that "e" at the end of "Ende"?  You pronounce it!  "au" is ALWAYS pronounced "ow" as in "Ow, that hurt".  "äu" is ALWAYS pronouned "oy" as in "boy".  Stuff like that!

:D

Hauptmann Scharlachrot said:
Why not? It's the same linguistic family as English, with very similar grammatical rules.  Also, unlike english and especially unlike french, german is VERY obedient to its rules about phonetics.
See that "e" at the end of "Ende"?  You pronounce it!  "au" is ALWAYS pronounced "ow" as in "Ow, that hurt".  "äu" is ALWAYS pronouned "oy" as in "boy".  Stuff like that!

:D
Where do I sign up?  ;D

Back