• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Paid Education: General Questions

I am a new member of the Reserves and my current rank is Private recruit. I just submitted a CT transfer application to ROTP. If accepted, what will be my pay rate as an OCdt. It’s something that is hard to find on the internet. Will I receive my Reserve force Pte pay, a Reg Force private pay, or regular ROTP OCdt pay?

I am a new member of the Reserves and my current rank is Private recruit. I just submitted a CT transfer application to ROTP. If accepted, what will be my pay rate as an OCdt. It’s something that is hard to find on the internet. Will I receive my Reserve force Pte pay, a Reg Force private pay, or regular ROTP OCdt pay?
Pretty sure you'll keep getting your reserve force Pte pay if that's higher than the ROTP OCdt pay

Bruh, did you join the reserves just so you can get the reserve pay instead of the élof pay, cause thats 400iq ngl.

Hi,

I have been selected as a MedLabTech.

It turns out that you can do NCM-STEP for the MedLabTech trade but they only select one person in Canada every year for the position. I am pretty happy with myself and I am excited to move forward.

I will be going to B.C. for 2.5 years (2 years at a college and .5 a year in any place I want in B.C. with a hospital for practicums). After the 2.5 years I will be sent to Borden, Ontario for 1 year to complete a preceptorship. If I do well in Borden, I can chose any place in Canada to be located for 4 years (or so they say). I should be receiving my offer this week with the date of BMQ. They are telling me it should the end of September.

Thanks for the help
:salute:

Hi, I am a 9th grader about to enter 10th grade in Calgary (high school here doesn't begin till 10th).

Having discovered the ROTP program and RMC, I have become extremely adamant on attending the Royal Military College of Canada for my university education. However, reading most answers, I have become quite nervous for my own chances attending the RMC. Therefore, I was wondering what I should do to maximize my chances for acceptance, how my chances would be if I hypothetically applied the next day (in terms of extracurriculars), and of course one day serving my great country.

Currently, what I can put on my resume minus my grades (they're good, I generally get 4's [basically 100% since the only possible grades are 1, 2, 3 and 4] on all my subjects minus Band and French [mandatory in my school]). I am doing partial IB next year with two core subjects, English and Social/History, and two electives, French and Business.

I have also been a part of my school's student council for in total three years (grades 5-6, as well as currently in grade 9).

I've done track since grade 7, and have also been on my school's soccer team this year. I plan on joining a multitude of clubs in high school including Debate, Model UN, etc, as well as starting a sport like Fencing.

I also do Cadets out of school (just began this year, wish I began earlier :( ) and have been a part of my cultural Sunday school as a performer since birth essentially. I also plan on getting a part-time job soon. However, I do not have a single volunteer hour under my belt, nor am I a part of any sports clubs or have participated in many before. Physically, I'm not the strongest either, though I have begun working out everyday ever since I discovered the ROTP program.

I'm also a low-income first gen immigrant to Canada with Tibetan ancestry. My family was among the first to be resettled in Alberta in the 70's when Pierre Trudeau brought us over here, and we've been here ever since. I'm highly motivated and I will do anything to see that I attend an institution as prestigious as the RMC. I will stop at nothing for it! Sorry if my post sounded a bit pretentious as well, I wasn't very sure on what to post on here since this is my first ever post.
I was very worried too. an option you could look at is becoming a reservist. The pay is good and you can support yourself and your family a little with the bit of money you will be making, which ties you into the military and looks good for ROTP. Worst case scenario you get a good look at the military, have a decent job for summer, and decide it's not for you and release knowing the military isn't your path.

In the best-case scenario you gain a few useful skills and increase your chances for RMC, continue to pursue that career path like I am doing, and have a great time while doing so. You are young, you need good grades so study hard with your goal in mind and explore your options. Is my advice, and don't be too worried I stressed a lot about my acceptance too.

Back