• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Over There" TV Series (Merged Topic)

Bah, I'm a sucker for anything Military. Hell I even have the military channel, even though it has the same damn shows on for the past year solid. I watched and enjoyed, I'll continue to watch it, can't be any worse than the other shite on TV.

HA,
I love the military channel, and I have the same darn complaint too.  Too many reruns.
Have you seen the program where they follow the U.S. marine recruits through training.

Man, if thats what I'm in for.... brrrrrr. :eek:

Seen the second episode of the show.

Talk about a Rules of Engagement nightmare...

I thought the show was pretty good, and not over the top at all.

I wouldn't call it amazing, but I wouldn't turn the channel when it comes on either.
It's entertaining, a bit over the top sometimes and it tends to paint the US Army in a poor light.

If it was put up against Truth, Duty, Valour it wouldn't been seen on my TV.

GNR said:
If it was put up against Truth, Duty, Valour it wouldn't been seen on my TV.

As a TDV BTDT, I can safely tell you that there is no comparison. TDV is a documentry, Over There is a TV Drama, fiction based on actual events and experiences.

More a "Saving Pte Ryan" than lets say something like "Hamburger Hill".

I hope the 2nd episode is comming on this friday, cause I missed it last night. Ugh, I dunno how that slipped my mind.

I liked the show better back when it was called "Tour of Duty"
I liked "Tour of Duty" better when it was called "Combat"
I like Combat better when is starred Roy Rogers and his horse Trigger. They sang and had gunfights. Whoowee now that was drama.

I'm hoping it's more along the lines of "Warriors" than "Tour of Duty".

Caught last few minutes last night.  Looks like a shaky first episode, with room for characters and such to "gel" as time goes on.

Armymedic said:
Seen the second episode of the show.

Talk about a Rules of Engagement nightmare...

I thought the show was pretty good, and not over the top at all.

So, would certain clips make up part of a good training video?
i.e. "Booby traps, possible enemy tactics, etc."

Or would that be another thread of "Which scenes from TV and Movies are good teaching aids?"

If you can't wait for all the episodes to be shown on the History Channel, they have all the ones shown on FX hosted on Mininova.

http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=over+there

SierraAir said:
If you can't wait for all the episodes to be shown on the History Channel, they have all the ones shown on FX hosted on Mininova.

http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=over+there
how do you play theses files? do you need a special program?

Prophet said:
how good is bittorrent? does it have alot of viruses?

Its not a program like kazaa. You need it to download a torrent file thats hosted on a website.

No man, bittorrent is like a file sharing program. You need it to download torrents which are just a file type, sort of. http://www.bittorrent.com/ You can download it there. http://www.bittorrent.com/FAQ.html and that link will give you answers to all your questions. Good luck!

I've seen over there, its quit Hollywood but its entertaining, i prefer Band of bothers i want to buy the set of all the episodes its expensive but i think its Worth it.

Wolf  :cdn:

Ive seen Tour of Duty, its a pretty good show, Band Of Brothers was by far one of the best series I have ever seen, and as for Over There i have only seen 1 episode so we'll have to see how it goes, but from what I have seen it looks to be at least half decent.

I've seen over there, its quit Hollywood but its entertaining, i prefer Band of bothers i want to buy the set of all the episodes its expensive but i think its Worth it.

Actually, I'd rather watch Over There over Band of Brothers. BoB was quite good, but theres lots more action, and a more effective mood is being set in Over There.

Back