• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OPPBound 2014

dangles

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey there,

Did anyone else receive an invitation to OPPBound this July 5-7? It was for past or present  members of the CF this year only. I am wondering if anyone has more info on exactly what OPPBound involves? I know certain specifics of what we will be doing, physical activity, lectures, mentor with members of the OPP, teambuilding exercises. But I wonder how much it is in the sense of being a 'grooming program' to become hired with the OPP?

:cdn:

It went out across the CAF. I assume its going to be a dog and pony show, let you do all sorts of cool stuff to get you interested in jumping ship and applying to the OPP.

Only 50 applicants will be going to the program. The OPP is also listed on the Canada Company website as a military friendly employer. If there's one really great thing the OPP does is that it looks for applicants with life experience.

It is indeed a recruitment tool. It's a good opportunity for networking as well. They also have run them specifically geared towards females (so only 50 female applicants were selected).

I can't speak on whether or not they specifically hope an individual will quit what they're doing to join them immediately, but definitely along the lines of consideration for a future goal should one feel so inclined after being exposed to them more closely.

Thank you for the help. I wonder what the percentage split of those attending OPPBound will be between reservists and full-time members of the CF.

Back