• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ontario Majority Government 2022-2026

Ontario likes to go Liberal provincially when it is Conservative federally, and Conservative provincially when it is Liberal federally. So, there may be an aspiring PM who is ready to see Ford implode.

Next step: Premier's Office asks for a look see ....
I like how they have accepted all of the commisioner's recommendation, except the one to review the decision allowing the land to be developed. An $8B windfall for their friends is a nice one.

I like how they have accepted all of the commisioner's recommendation, except the one to review the decision allowing the land to be developed. An $8B windfall for their friends is a nice one.
They're defending moving forward by saying 1) "what preferential treatment?", and 2) more housing'll be built.

If people can't bothered to vote, it likely indicates they aren't too worried about how government is working, or they don't trust the alternatives to be better.

The LPO, and NDP have nobody but themselves to blame for being distrusted by voters...
Ford is in a good position. As long as he governs like a liberal and the alternatives suck he can maintain power. The beauty of that is he gets the conservative vote, who think they are voting for a conservative.

Ford is in a good position. As long as he governs like a liberal and the alternatives suck he can maintain power. The beauty of that is he gets the conservative vote, who think they are voting
Alternatively, conservative voters vote for him because he is the least objectionable option...

Man overboard ...

Should the Minister resign, too? On the one hand, the buck does stop with him in his department. On this one, not likely to happen.

On the other hand, Chiefs of Staff are chosen/hired by the Premier & Co, not individual ministers. Even LESS likely to happen.

But, hey, part of the latest narrative goes: we're talking way less than 1 percent of the entire Greenbelt, so what's the agita all about?

In fairness to Ontario, at least the province is taking action on this, vice the Feds’ ongoing journey for how it can formulate a “These aren’t the droids your looking for” solution on the Chinese interference issue…

....vice the Feds’ ongoing journey for how it can formulate a “These aren’t the droids your looking for” solution on the Chinese interference issue…
Give the Trudeau burn barrels a chance will you.

In fairness to Ontario, at least the province is taking action on this, vice the Feds’ ongoing journey for how it can formulate a “These aren’t the droids your looking for” solution on the Chinese interference issue…
I think the term your looking for is forced to pretend to take action as opposed to being able to shuffle it under the rug. True action would be cancelling the zoning changes and the ministers/Ford resigning.

Premier Ford just needs to change the land back to its former status and start over with better security/oversight.

The folks who bought it up can't say anything....like a drug dealer reporting someone stole his dope.

Premier Ford just needs to change the land back to its former status and start over with better security/oversight.

The folks who bought it up can't say anything....like a drug dealer reporting someone stole his dope.
They can't make a public stink, but, have you considered how angry those developers would be that their kickbacks didn't pay off, and how that might impact Ford's future fundraising and political career? Have some sympathy for the guy.

I think the term your looking for is forced to pretend to take action as opposed to being able to shuffle it under the rug. True action would be cancelling the zoning changes and the ministers/Ford resigning.
No, ‘pretend’ is what Team Trudeau does. This in the other hand, is supporting lawful investigation, without putting the cart before the horse.

À chacon son proper goût…

"The truth is, the former Wynne Liberal government took land out of the Greenbelt at least 17 times and I don’t recall an uproar, a fuss or claims that paradise was being paved over for a parking lot."

And the NDP is as nutty and hyperbolic as ever.

Now we stop guessing and wait until the official report comes out. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Man overboard ...

Should the Minister resign, too? On the one hand, the buck does stop with him in his department. On this one, not likely to happen.

On the other hand, Chiefs of Staff are chosen/hired by the Premier & Co, not individual ministers. Even LESS likely to happen.

But, hey, part of the latest narrative goes: we're talking way less than 1 percent of the entire Greenbelt, so what's the agita all about?
I suspect he will enjoy a very, very, soft landing.

Strange in that before the report the OPP stated there wasnt any there, there

Probably realized that there might actually be something going on and decided to pull a Pontus Pilate and wash their hands of it. Let someone else take the heat.

I'll be blunt, I don't think the the greenbelt scandal is really that big of a deal to most voters. As Jen Gerson from The Line summed it up, it's a story about rich people getting richer by scamming other rich people.... People struggling to make ends meet aren't going to get too worked up about it, particularly when the opposition has an equally bad reputation for scandal.

Back