• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Only In Canada - Pity

Drummy

Inactive
Reaction score
Picture this if you will. It is the year 2045, the 3rd World War has just ended in the Middle East, and most combatants have returned to their respective countries.

In Ottawa, the top Generals of each service are driving in their shiny new Iltis from their office deep in the basement of the East Block to the new 928 seat Parliamentary Restaurant where the West Block used to stand.(They were serving lunch today to the MPs and the President of Canada). Just before they arrive , a young cub reporter from a local newspaper flagged them down, and asked why they hadn‘t gone to the war.

"Well‘ said the Navy General, "my boat had a large rust hole in the side and the Sea King fell out". The Air Force General sighed and said "our F-104, out of mothballs ,didn‘t have any gas". The Army General moaned, "that‘s nothing, my cell phone had dead batteries, and I couldn‘t call out the Platoon, and the tank was stuck in Gagetown.

Just then the new CDS walked up to the group and said " that‘s OK, no one invited us". :p

Drummy

Back