• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Online Application Process

alocin

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I have a few questions about the online application process. I phoned my "local" CFRC (1000km away) and they said to call the National Headquarters, which I did, but I was hoping for some additional clarification. Any information would be appreciated :)

I have applied online as a DEO LOG (regular force). The fellow on the national recruiting line said that my paperwork is on file but will not be manually reviewed until positions open up, and he mentioned that it didn't look like any would be opening in April but maybe later in the year. My questions are:

Does this mean that the additional hurdles (Medical, CFAT, background check, etc) will be completed after positions open and after a recruitment team makes a trip to my region? It seems that by that time, positions would be filled again -  I'm prepared to wait as I'm both employed and working on a graduate degree, but I am wondering about the next steps.

Is my application tied to positions opening up in my province/region, or based on nation wide openings?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, and thanks to everybody for providing these forum resources.. I've had an enlightening few weeks reading through past forum postings.

Does this mean that the additional hurdles (Medical, CFAT, background check, etc) will be completed after positions open and after a recruitment team makes a trip to my region?

Your local RC may be different from my own, but I can offer what experience I have. Without an open position for your trade of interest, a file will typically remain unprocessed until one opens. Once positions open and your file is reviewed you will be booked for your CFAT/Medical/Interview and your background check will be run.

My file was closed last October as the occupations I had applied to were closed and I was told to wait until mid March to bring a new application in when I asked.  They wouldn't actually accept a new application until there was a position open to try and process me for.

When I lived up Island, the CFAT, Medical and Interview were done all in one day by the RegF sending a few recruiters up to the reserve base there. There were 15-20 applicants to regular force as well as reserves being processed all at once that day.

Hope some of that helped, for more direct/accurate answers you'll have to call your local RC/RCHQ and ask them about their procedures.

Fiera's experience is pretty similar to my own, except I live in Ontario and the nearest RC is only about 40 minutes away by car.  But what she said is pretty accurate, as compared to my experience.

Be prepared to wait... you'll hear the following phrase often around here as it pertains to recruitment: "Hurry up and wait."  I applied late in the summer last year and really wish I had of done it sooner, as I could have made the cut last year, but there some delays in processing me due to extra information required.  Oh well.  Live and learn.  ;)

First step will likely be CFAT, maybe more, considering your distance from an RC.  The test isn't too bad, IMO.  I found the timed aspect to be the nerve wracking part, not the questions.  Look on the CF website and there is a link to a PDF of the practice test.  Take a look, as its pretty similar to what you will see on the test.

The rest will follow.  If you know what trades you are interested in, start researching them now  - good to be prepared for the interview.  Lots of information can be had around here.  Here is a link to a file which has some of the kinds of questions you may be asked.  Being able to answer them is good preparation as well. http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/34cbg_hq/entrevueen.pdf

Best of luck to you!

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any difference for a former reservist re-enlisting via the online application? I sent my credentials to the National CF RC and received an email saying they had been received.  I was informed I do not have to re-sit my aptitude test, so I guess that is a plus :).  Any info would be appreciated, thanks

Depends on how "out" you are.
Med is only good for 1 year
BMQ/OQ is good for 5 year post exit.
Sup res = less waiting and quicker return to active service, it will STILL take a lot of time.
Depends on how trained you are and how in demand your skill set is.
Depends on active recruiting in your career choice

These are all things I have received as answers to my questions about going from Sup res to regF as officer.

I am currently in the waiting period for a position to open in my field to continue the application process.

People on here with much more experience in this may be able to add more information then I have provided.
DAOD on the subject:
http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/dao-doa/5000/5002-3-eng.asp

BMQ is not really good for 5 years it really depends on your QL3, wether or not you have it. There is a chart they use now that determines how long you were in vs how long you were out and how much time you have to get back in before having to redo basic. I have been out of the military less than 5 years, was top athlete in BMQ however I have to redo basic.....it was a HUGE shock to me.

Jhunt said:
BMQ is not really good for 5 years it really depends on your QL3, wether or not you have it. There is a chart they use now that determines how long you were in vs how long you were out and how much time you have to get back in before having to redo basic. I have been out of the military less than 5 years, was top athlete in BMQ however I have to redo basic.....it was a HUGE shock to me.
How does being a top athlete in BMQ pertain to relearning basic military skills? You can lose a lot of it in a few years.

Back