• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Online Application Help

korwynkim

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi. I am currently filling out my online application. In the work experience section, I have to indicate date from, and date to for the work I'm doing. I am still currently working. What should I put for the date to field? It requires yyyy/mm format and there isn't a way to indicate that I am still working as far as I know.

This is completely wild speculation on my part, but I would use today's date.

I am hoping that the CFRC staff, when they get the application file, which I will also speculate has a 'dated submitted' Date/Time stamp on it, will be able to put 2 and 2 together and figure out it means you are still working.  If not, I hope someone takes away their forks, knives and drivers license.

Just a guess, but I not like I am a rocket surgeon or anything... 8)

That's what I was planning to do, but the store I am working at just opened up this month. If I have the same year/month on date from and date to, I'm worried it might look like I got fired or something.

All easily explainable stuff if/when you get to the interview stage and the CFRC staff haven't put 2 and 2 together...

It was a while ago that I filled out an online application, but I remember it having "Notes" fields in certain sections. If there is a field to leave notes regarding your jobs, you may want to leave a short note that explains the situation, if you're worried about it. Otherwise, today's date is the most logical choice. I'm sure they've gone through enough application to uderstand what it means. Good luck.

Back