• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

One more from the rumour mill

TimBit

Inactive
Reaction score
Disclaimer: This is a rumour. Nobody freaks out. While it is from a trustworthy source, it was said in passing and I for one cannot verify the info. So it goes.

Apparently, the current Strategic Intake Plan is under review and all trades not currently in the red will see their numbers brought down to 0 for next year. That would mean a LOT of trades. Sounds like more patience will be needed...

Is this the first rumour you see posted here? Plus last time I posted a rumour it turned out to be true. Plus it`s from someone with access to the info, so I see no reason to doubt it.

Given that the AMORs have yet to sit, no such decision could be made for FY 11/12.

Will the SIP be reduced? Probably.  The CF expansion strength targets are met.  There is a need for some rebalancing (some trades are significantly over strength).

might be wayyyyy off track here but I thought trades had "career managers" to manage these things  so it shouldn't happen.?

A simplified version of the process:

Career managers, together with branch advisers and defence scientists, look ahead to figure out the future of the occupation, including promotions, terms of service, and new recruits required.

All the recruits required numbers are crunched together and compared to CF capacity, both at St Jean and at the various CF schools.

Those are put together to create the Strategic Intake Plan (SIP) for the coming year.

As the year progresses, the SIP can be changed.  For example, if a course has a very high failure rate, it might mean that more in that trade wil be recruited.  Similarly, if there are fewer releases than expected, recruiting might be reduced.

It gets much more complex given that there are over 100 occupations in the CF, all living within a set establishment (and therefore a set dollar envelpe for pay).  We can vary over and under that target, but get too far ahead of the game and you are creating funding presures, so the overall SIP needs to be reined in while numbers catch up.

It's part art, part science.

Back