• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

One for the good guys

Good for all of them!  Sounds like some good heads up fighting and quick thinking.  As for why they held on so hard:

"The first Taliban suspect was brought out shortly after noon — a young man with blood on his face and pockets full of hashish, Pakistani rupees and a battery. "

Maybe the troops came across a drug lord strong hold, not a terrorist camp.  Although, as we all know, nothing instills terror like batteries.

It wouldn't surprise me that most of the aresholes in A'stan right now are paid imports, as with the problems in Iraq.  At least mercs know when to pack it in, sometimes. 

same story but a lot more detail

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=c383405c-8e12-46e5-bc61-92568ed7a7f2&k=90671

The article that was on here earlier. War Canadian Style in that story a village elder said the fighters are not afghan but Pakistani.

Now this is blowing my mind:

"A small group of soldiers set off west toward Banzya and at 6:15 a.m. a loud explosion rent the air. A combat engineer had blown up the burned-out G-Wagon to prevent insurgents from salvaging the weapons left inside."

We actually SCRAPPED a VEHICLE?!?!  I can't believe it wasn't recovered and resurrected with parts from other m/v's.  If nothing else, it would still be considered "new" for a Reserve unit  ;D

Make sure you read this article too, from Jim Farrell, who is over there with the PPCLI.

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=c383405c-8e12-46e5-bc61-92568ed7a7f2&k=90671&p=3

Some pretty intense stuff.  Godspeed to our glorious troops!  :salute:  :cdn:

Great job guys!  way to muthaf*&%$#@* go.  And to think some people feel that Canadian soldiers can only do 'peackeeping'. :salute: :threat: :cdn:

Howcome I didnt hear about this on tv or anything? I didnt even know we were into that kind of heavy fighting in afghanistan, figure city or someone would pick it up and run it all day.

Man I wish I was out there with those guys. I really hope I get to come back here in a pointy-end job next time. This staff stuff sucks compared to what my buddies in the BG are up to.

Damn.

MG

Good work guys!

Lets not forget the interperter here.. get better Junior.

When civilian personal who assist us in operations are wounded, where do they go? Are they treated in local afghani hopsitals, or would he be off to an american hospital in Germany, once stabalized?

Although, as we all know, nothing instills terror like batteries.

It's not like batteries are useful in IED construction, or anything.

Looks like our lads are in the thick of it again:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/cbc/s/12062006/3/world-2-canadians-shot-afghanistan.html

Two Canadian soldiers have been shot in a gunbattle with Taliban forces in Afghanistan.
Their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening, said CBC correspondent David Common, who is in Kandahar in southern Afghanistan.
They were taken by helicopter to a hospital at the main Canadian military base in Kandahar
The soldiers were taking part in one of the largest gunbattles since international troops arrived in Afghanistan in 2002.
The operation, which was taking place in the Panjwai region west of Kandahar, started Sunday night after coalition forces learned that up to 800 Taliban fighters were gathering in a village.
The military operation involves infantry, armour, and artillery from the Edmonton-based Princess Patricia's Canadian Light infantry.
About 2,300 Canadian soldiers are serving in Afghanistan, mostly in the country's southern region.
Sixteen Canadian soldiers and one diplomat have died since the mission started.
More to come.

We must be putting a hurt on them if they are going to mass that many into one area for a last hurrah.  Godspeed to all of them, and lets make the clowns pay for what they have done.  :salute:

Back