• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Official Army Forum (DND.ca) is down.

East Side Soprano

Inactive
Reaction score
As you well may know, the official DND army forum has been shutdown. Reason: not specified. I‘ve heard rumors that it‘s because of Liberal defence policy bashing. If you know anything about what the reason behind the shutdown is and when it‘s supposed to be back up again (if ever) let us know.

Look Here: http://army.ca/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/1229/3?

The REAL reason the Army Discussion Forum was shut down is because someone hacked the French side so the whole board was taken offline. They were using the Snitz Forum and it had something to do with vulnerable code or open code or something techie like that (I‘m not a techie so don‘t ask me to clarify). The Army is now trying to find a secure product. The plan is to have the discussion forum back online, but there is no projected date for that. We‘ll all just have to wait and see.

Yes, that is the real reason I saw the French side after it was hacked, being that both the English and French side used the same forum (Snitz) they needed to shut both down, hopefully they find a secure forum and put it back online soon.

Does this mean that when the boards are up and running again that all the previous posts will be lost?

Yup it is a shame lots of good discussion and information has been lost.

Was anyone here a previous member of that forum? If so what were your user names??
Mine was EliteInfantry.

He‘s too elite; he doesn‘t want the wrong people to find stuff out about him

I‘m thinking probably not. It‘s not unlike how I was unable to bring the LFRR discussions over from the old old discussion board. I will ask the webmaster about it though, if and when a new Army board is up and running.

Originally posted by NMPeters:
[qb] I‘m thinking probably not. It‘s not unlike how I was unable to bring the LFRR discussions over from the old old discussion board. I will ask the webmaster about it though, if and when a new Army board is up and running. [/qb]
Thanks, I was going to ask him myself but misplaced his contact. Im sure that the boards will be up and running again at somepoint but if the webmaster tells you differently please let us know.

Originally posted by C:
[qb] Was anyone here a previous member of that forum? If so what were your user names??
Mine was EliteInfantry. [/qb]
Mine was "Alexa."
It‘s a shame they were shut down, I quite enjoyed them. Hopefully they‘ll be back up soon.

Mine was "Righty"... didn‘t post much but was a frequent reader.

mine was shaun_bougie
Posted and read there quite often. Hope to see it up soon.

Hey Shaun how did the selection board go? Or was it at the end of Feb?

Meni0n,

Military Police Assessment Centre is on Sunday for me. There are some candidates that are in Halifax right now. There‘s 2 serials. I‘m in the second one. I‘m really looking forward to leaving Timmins and going to Halifax to get a career. I‘m pretty confident that I‘ll get in. After the 3 day assessment I think it takes about 2 weeks before I‘ll know if I‘m getting the job or not. I‘m anxious! That‘s all there is to it lol. I‘ll let everyone that‘s interested know how it went when I get back.

Back