• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer with no Degree?

ps387

Inactive
Reaction score
I've tried the search function with no luck. And couldn't find a straight answer on the DND website.
My question is this: Is it possible to become an officer without a degree? I have some university transfer credits and a college diploma but no degree. I'm not fresh out of highschool either (10 years ago) so I don't know if RMC would apply.
If it is possible, what is the process?

Cheers

Search on CEOTP:

CONTINUING EDUCATION OFFICER TRAINING PLAN - (CEOTP)
Main thread on topic is this one:  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/35585.0.html

thanks for the quick replies. Sorry trinity, but what is CIC?

The Cadet Instructor's Cadre (CIC) is the branch of the CF that is responsible for the administration of the Army, Sea and Air Cadet program.  They are commissioned CF officers, and one only needs a High School diploma to become one.

That being said, unless you want to work with cadets (a noble cause to be sure,) CEOTP is probably what you want to look at.

CEOTP is currently open in some trades, and will have you working in your trade quicker, but you will still have to sign an agreement (statement of understanding) saying you will complete your degree in your initial contract.  You can also still apply for ROTP at civvy U, but it, too is competitive.  It is not just for 18 year olds to apply!

Back