• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Odd Tribute Video

cadettrooper

Inactive
Reaction score
I don't quite understand what the message the creator of this video is trying to tell, but i thought thought there were some pretty funny picture in it (1:28 mins). and especially odd (41 secs) is the uniform one of the soldier in the video is wearing?.

but I'd like to hear what everyone has to say about this one...........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYeyi3P_Cgk

What on earth?  Is it a criticism or not?  I guess it is with that shot of the children's bodies.  My best guess is that it's by someone with a strong opinion who sees his opinion manifest in every banal event,  so he just shows those in the video instead of expression an anti-war argument, and then expects everyone to be convinced.

Him: Our soldiers carry guns! GUNS!  And Harper met with Bush!  Don't you get it?
Us:  Get what?  ???

Trakalo said:
and especially odd (41 secs) is the uniform one of the soldier in the video is wearing?.

That reddish one?

I can say that the person who put it together is either illiterate or doesn't know how to use spell check...

MM

Hi: That uniform is a bad remake of a pic going around the net of USian soldier with ad hoc shoulder flashes - "doing the work of..."

http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/patch.asp

All they've done in the video is add in a Cdn flash.  (Keeping comments about idiot savants making lame videos under my breath)

How can I sum this up....in one word, crap.
Hastily put together, maker of video had WAY too many messages he or she was trying to get out, some of which were just wrong (read, photo's of dead children... ::) ). In summarizing, way to convoluted, go back to playing Counter Suck...

Took a quick look at the rest of buddies profile. Looks like he is a cadet wannabe in the interior of BC.  Appreciate the sentiment, but do a bit more research, lay out your ideas in a clear format, and for the love of god USE SPELL CHECK.  Heck, I write for a living and I still use it.

Worst part, I think that I am in one of the pics he uses.  The shot of guys hitting the beach in a small boat looks very familiar, I think it was on Ex Cougar Salvo 2005 and I was a part of one of the boat landings.  Probably not me or my guys, but would have been my brigade.

{insert head shaking icon here}

Worse yet..  watch his other video

Its the EXACT SAME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzvC_olIOno

but this one is pro Canada/remembrance????

Very odd kid.

Well there's 2 minutes and 59 seconds of my life I'm never getting back. Ok illiterate, yup, immature, yup again, and possibly deranged, a third resounding yup. See this puppy down at the local gun store filling in an application for a PAL, move. :eek:

Equally amusing in that car wreck sort of way is the comments section, including where he tries to defend his, whateverthefrickinghellthiswassupposedtobe. Kind of make the threads over at military.posers.net seem intellectual by comparison. ::)

idiotic....that's pretty much it... spell check, and research including watching someo f the real dedications would've done him a great deal of good.

my thoughts...

Maybe this is an insight on how younger, less educated/informed people depict the Canadian Forces and the work they do.  Sure, he could have taken more time to check his spelling and develop a message - I'd wait to criticize though. 

Anyone think of messaging this kid and asking him what he's trying to say?  I mean, if the video wasted 3 minutes of life than why waste another minute to tell everyone how much it sucked?  Write him...  Waste time effectively.

He's interested in the forces - All young people need some kind of insight.

The Generals Son said:
my thoughts...

Maybe this is an insight on how younger, less educated/informed people depict the Canadian Forces and the work they do.  Sure, he could have taken more time to check his spelling and develop a message - I'd wait to criticize though. 

Anyone think of messaging this kid and asking him what he's trying to say?  I mean, if the video wasted 3 minutes of life than why waste another minute to tell everyone how much it sucked?  Write him...  Waste time effectively.

He's interested in the forces - All young people need some kind of insight.

Well I'm too old and cynical to do it, but go ahead and fill your boots. Can't hurt, but odds are he may misconstrue your efforts to find out his purpose and take it as undue criticism of his masterpiece. I refer again to the comments section where he gets a tad bit defensive.

Took a quick look at the rest of buddies profile. Looks like he is a cadet wannabe in the interior of BC.  Appreciate the sentiment, but do a bit more research, lay out your ideas in a clear format, and for the love of god USE SPELL CHECK.  Heck, I write for a living and I still use it.

I hope your not referring to me there buddy? ???
      so then lets set the record straight.......... I did not make this video nor do i condone it in anyway. i simply found the video and felt it was the most stupid compilation of pointless material i have come across in a long time......... :-X

Cheers, Curtis Trakalo

Cool your jets Trakalo, I was not referring to you for the spell check or the video. Still, do use the spell check, the I is supposed to be capitalized.

When I say cadet wannabe, there are 3 levels of cadets in my mind. 

1. Those that are good, young, but realize that they are CADETS, not members of the forces.
2. Those that are not so good, in cadets to have a summer job and boss younger kids around
3. Those that think because they passed a 2 week basic course they are now a member of JTF3 (young super soldier/sailor/air force special underwater knife fighting ninjas)

The person in who made the video is in the 3rd category.  Join the regs or reserve and see what the difference between cadets and the forces is the difference between peewee hockey and the NHL.

Back