• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

October 2009 BMQ

Vader said:
I asked for a information booklet from my recruiter so i could start gathering things early to prepare myself and he gave me one.Now looking at some of these things i am really going to need a big suitcase. I am wondering if its required to bring all these things for example dress shoes ? will i really need them for basic ? also are we aloud to bring jeans ? it says casual pants i am wondering if that means jeans .My last question .... the booklet says to bring a iron.Now i know that is required but will i be able to purchase that at the canex store ?

Re: Dress shoes
A) The dress shoes are on the list. You are being ordered to bring them. Thus you "really need them for basic". Bring them.
B) There will very likely be at least one night where you will use said dress shoes, namely your course party, near the end of said course.

Re: Jeans
The list actually specifies "Casual Dress Pants", therefore jeans would not qualify. Again, these would likely be required at said course party. You can bring some jeans on top of that if you wish, if you have spare room.

Re: Iron
You can indeed purchase an iron at the CANEX. I am still quite pleased with the quality of the iron that I purchased at that time.

Awesome, I've got the Oct. 12th-Feb.5th.
Nervous.  :warstory: I'll look for the facebook group.

Vader said:
. I am wondering if its required to bring all these things

The list is not a suggestion. If it is on the list, bring it.

CDN Aviator said:
The list is not a suggestion. If it is on the list, bring it.

I really am sure that the rest of the members of this site are getting rather tired of these questions being asked over and over again in so many different threads. 

IF you have been given a list of things to bring; have the brains to bring those items, or we will then come to the conclusion that you are TOO STUPID to Join the CF. 

Remember another thing:  Yes, you may be able to buy something at CANEX in the Mega, but what are you going to do if all those items have been sold out, purchased by others who thought the same as you, but got there first?

Mommy is no longer going to be there to hold your hand and make all of your decisions.

No need to be harsh I guess it's a normal question. We are all nervous and excited maybe it's written in other posts but this posts is for us that are starting in October . So if it's boring for you to answer the same questions all the time it's not really our fault since it's all new to us. I don't want to be rude but I think in this case you were being a bit rude.

On another hand! I went to the base this weekend to work out and it made me so excited! I know some girls are allowed to have their hair under the ears so I might be doing that since my hair is at a stupid shoulder leight. Doubt it's gonna grow 3 inchs until then (hope so but yeah)

Cheers!  :)

The experienced answers provided in these threads are far from harsh. IAW the tone and content of the site, most posts are notched down a to an almost "spoon feeding level". During the busy periods when larger batches of BMQ/BMOQ courses start (ie: this fall) there tends to be more repetitious questions that have been asked and answered ad nauseum. To top it off, recruits then question the answers provided and nit pic every nuance to divine some secret code to successfully passing their BMQ. What many new posters consider harsh, is varying levels of frustration from having to answer the same questions from someone who has just joined the site 10minutes ago and posted the same question for the 13th time this month.

Edit: To add link to Tone and Content thread.

I just got my call with a job offer, I leave Oct. 17 for BMQ in St. Jean on the 19th,
I'm just wondering who else is going?

I've sworned today!!!!

The Caporal told us that "Vous appartenez maintenant à l'armée" !!!

C'est partie, October 5th here I come

Just got "half" the call a few minutes ago. I got selected but my file manager is away until monday and I'll find out when the exact date for BMQ will be. It should be Oct. 19. Will update when I know for sure.

Hey all i got a call today.... i leave for BMQ on October 25th My bmq Runs from October 26th to February 19th...

My MOC is combat engineer. Does anyone here have these dates?

Update:

My file manager is back early and I just got off the phone with him. Swearing in on 01/10/2009 DET London and then BMQ 19/10/2009.

LG_John said:
I've sworned today!!!!

The Caporal told us that "Vous appartenez maintenant à l'armée" !!!

C'est partie, October 5th here I come

Alright LG_John ! I'll see you there!

Cheers Mark

well when you guys get there, taking i dont get recoursed or any other none sense like that, ill be in week 7. just remember guys, make sure you can do the push ups, as they are crucial. seen to many hopefulls get pushed to WFT. so keep working on your fitness. follow the fitness standards. and another thing is to. that list they give you... you only need some of it, but in week 0 you're in civies so bring what you need to supplement your kit until its issued to you. Towels and such like that are all ISSUED after you pass your fitness test etc. But bring what they tell you to bring. as it will be pretty key in inspections etc.

I'm going Oct 12th - Feb 5th (English) I think I'm the first one from western Canada to post here :p (Going Artillery after my BMQ)

I'm from Victoria, British Columbia and I'm also going Artillery after basic! There is a facebook group for the October 12th - February 5th BMQ.

hey you guys are lucky, im currently waiting for a call to see if im accepted or not due to medical issus. Its shouldn`t be to long tho ,I aplyed in january, got a call in febuary, did my interview, medical, CFAT in march. I had some papers to fill by my doctor wich I did in may. Then i sent my stuff my medical papers in july 2, got a call by my recruter saying the medic that as my medical papers is in vac and will be returning in a month. So august 20 i got a call by that medic saying i need to send out some extra medical papers to make sure that ottawa wasen`t gonna send back my medical papers saying lack of info. So no im currently waiting for a call and my BMQ is prob in october.... CAN`T WAIT

boboyer said:
I'm from Victoria, British Columbia and I'm also going Artillery after basic! There is a facebook group for the October 12th - February 5th BMQ.

Ah cool, I haven't kept up with the times, I don't have a facebook/myspace/twitter/AIM etc :(

Back