• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Number of 6 B courses run

Sunnyns

Inactive
Reaction score
I could find online the courses running for the 13/14 for the different trades but I can not find and what I'm looking for is how often they run the 6 B courses.

Could anyone tell me if they run them once a year or more.  This is not merely a question of curiosity, so if someone could answer I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers

For some trades there are multiple serials annually; others once a year; still others every second year.

This all depends on the size of the trade & any backlogs that need to be addressed.

Inf DP3B is only run once a year out of the Infantry School. It starts in Oct and ends in early Dec for Reg F, for Pres it's 2 weeks DL in Sept and 4 weeks Oct-Nov.

Noneck

I'm looking for the 6B for support trades.  I was not sure about the combat arms, but now I know.  =D

Sunnyns said:
I'm looking for the 6B for support trades.  I was not sure about the combat arms, but now I know.  =D

You need to be more specific, as in which occupation are you referring to?  6B for my occupation used to be as a result of attending/passing the ILQ.  But I believe this has gone by the wayside in my case.

Sunnyns said:

Yes you will have to be more specific, I know for RCEME trades the 6A/DP3 as well as all other course are on the Army Training Calendar on the DWAN, and I know CFSCE in Kingston has their course calendar on their DWAN web page.  I'm not sure about CFLTC for the log branch.

Jon

Old EO Tech said:
Yes you will have to be more specific, I know for RCEME trades the 6A/DP3 as well as all other course are on the Army Training Calendar on the DWAN, and I know CFSCE in Kingston has their course calendar on their DWAN web page.  I'm not sure about CFLTC for the log branch.
Jon

CFLTC Trg calendar is on the DWAN as well.

Sorry I thought all supports went on the same 6A's.  I got a hold of someone though and the one I was looking for is once a year.

Sorry to take time away from you guys.  A Capt was saying I should grieve the fact that someone else is going on the course, but I'm thinking that since they can not hold lacking a career course against you there is no real point.

Long story there.

noneck said:
Inf DP3B is only run once a year out of the Infantry School. It starts in Oct and ends in early Dec for Reg F, for Pres it's 2 weeks DL in Sept and 4 weeks Oct-Nov.

Noneck

There are two serials this year.  The second starts in the Feb-Mar timeframe.

Sunnyns said:
Sorry I thought all supports went on the same 6A's.  I got a hold of someone though and the one I was looking for is once a year.

Sorry to take time away from you guys.  A Capt was saying I should grieve the fact that someone else is going on the course, but I'm thinking that since they can not hold lacking a career course against you there is no real point.

Long story there.

As long as you get the course before your in  "the zone" for your next promotion, no harm done.  But I've seen more than a few soldiers that we have had to rush and get them on their PLQ followed directly by their trade 6A course because otherwise they would get held up on a promotion to Sgt, as you can't lack MCpl quals and get promoted.

Jon

Sunnyns said:

How are you looking for a 6A course when according to your post history you were waiting in B6 for a QL3 course in May 2013?

6 B, I'm Sgt and if my original grievance goes as planned I should get my WO's next year.

My wife typed the last response and I thought I'd told her that the 6B's is trade specific.

Back