• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

November 2009 BMQ

what the hell i applied for combat engineer and they told me it was closed and all most forced(trying all the time to convince me)to go armoured so i accepted for armored ..... can`t believe they are still recruiting after Ive waited this long neways I'm prob gonna be in for November BMQ cuz they told me I'm getting my dates next week. I'm wondering if i can change once I'm done BMQ

Hey,
I already posted here that I am flying out Nov 7 for the 9th BMQ. 
I was just wondering if anyone else is flying out edmonton on that day?

Also, for anyone going on the bmq, om if you want to chat, Ill give you my email.  Would be nice to (sort of) know someone before we get there.  :p ;D

Im cant wait to go!

No she didn't really ask me anything about my teeth and dental history at all. She asked about my wisdom teeth but they are growing in fine as of now, so that's what I told her. I might need some cavities and other small stuff of that sort, it wouldn't make sense if I got in trouble for that. :/

krieger1989 said:
No she didn't really ask me anything about my teeth and dental history at all. She asked about my wisdom teeth but they are growing in fine as of now, so that's what I told her. I might need some cavities and other small stuff of that sort, it wouldn't make sense if I got in trouble for that. :/

Ya I wouldn't sweat that then, thats nothing. The only way I can see it being a problem is if half your teeth are rotting out and need to be pulled and you need a root canal lol. They would have asked you if it was a big deal. They never asked so I don't think its an issue they are to concerned about.

ufm101 said:
what the hell i applied for combat engineer and they told me it was closed and all most forced(trying all the time to convince me)to go armoured so i accepted for armored ..... can`t believe they are still recruiting after Ive waited this long neways I'm prob gonna be in for November BMQ cuz they told me I'm getting my dates next week. I'm wondering if i can change once I'm done BMQ

I was offered a open spot about a month ago but refused it, and apparently my 043 spot went with it and this was after the trade was already closed. They tried to get me to do armored ( must really suck if they gotta force people into it  :p) I told them I didn't want it and I was going to wait until the end of there year and then get 043 (april). My recruiter said he would call me back and sure enough he work some magic and got me my spot back.

I was told that if I was to take armored I wouldn't be able to change until 3 years done in my current trade. I also doubt that you can change after BMQ unless some weird unlikely set of circumstances was to arise and they needed 1 more 043. I am not 100% sure so don't qoute me on any of this.

ufm101 said:

You've been told in at least two other threads what the process is for OT.  Once you are in a trade, you will not be allowed to OT until you meet all the requirements.  Changing trades right after BMQ is not an option so you might want to think long and hard about accepting a trade you do not want.

ah i don't know now, I want combat engineer but i don't want to wait 6 month till the end of the fiscal year and still not get a chance(because of the merit list everyone is in competition for this position. I want to get on with it. Who knows i might like it.

Got the call this morning,

will swear in on the 22nd of Oct. and will leave for St. Jean on the 14th of Nov.  BMQ course starts Nov 16th, See you there

Well I'm glad there are at least a few people going same time as me. I fly out of Victoria BC on the 14th of Nov Course starts 16th anyone else from BC flying out same time?

I literally got the call minutes ago. I get sworn in on Nov. 5th and my BMQ starts Nov. 23rd can't wait really excited. My trade will be MAR ENG MEC.

good job guys...congrats on getting in. how long has it taken you from start to swearing in?

Hey seabound, i guess we are on course together so ill see ya there. I am going in for MAR ENG MEC too. Where are you flying out from?

Well I handed in the application closer to the begining of aug. so I guess about four months. I was pretty impressed, everything ran smoothly considering I had an eye exam to complete for the medical as well as a change in occupation.

Re:Eastcoast
I'll be heading out from Moncton N.B. I was told the Saturday before the course start date. 

AndyRad said:
good job guys...congrats on getting in. how long has it taken you from start to swearing in?

will be just over a year for me. But I changed my trade choice to AES Op in Feb. after I learned it had started DE trial.

November 23rd start for me!  I will be flying out of Pearson on the 21st =]

I'm swearing in on Nov. 3rd in North Bay (anyone else going there?), and BMQ starts on the 23rd.  I'm going in for armoured...took me about 6 months for the whole process.

Hey everyone!!

Glad to see some of the people I'll be in BMQ with.

I get sworn in October 29th, in Winnipeg and flown to Montreal Nov 8th, with a Nov 9th start date. I'm going as a Marine Engineering Tech. Hope all works out for everyone, and myself.

If anyone wants to chat more outside of the forum email me at tidalwave37@hotmail.com

I would love to hear from anyone who starts on that day!!

Wicked, I was hoping to see more people on the 23rd start from the forums.  Can't wait to meet you guys and gals...

Back