• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Nov 6th

Well I am krystal.. yes i know my forums name is sooo original. I am easy to pick out, i am a cape bretoner  :dontpanic: >:D.I am so excited about going.. i wish it was less then 10 days ;)

Well my name is Mike. Born and raised in Regina. This is my life dream!!!
Dan, Krystal, Evan and everybody else...I'm excited to go, but more excited to meet the people I'm going to be going with!

My msn is mike_galbiati@hotmail.com.

:cdn:  :salute:

Well here goes my introduction. I am Evan Kimber and I am 20. I spent some time pissing around, moving and doing whatever after I graduated. I was in firefighting but was too anxious to take the long path it is, so left that career and after a year or more I am joining the Infantry so I can do my best to help people cause that is what I have always desired.

See you guys there.

Guess were all teammates now.  ;)  :salute:

Well i am Krystal, i am 21 been trying to get into the air force since i was 17 thats when all my paperwork was started had problems with my pushups due to my wrists. I've always wanted to be in the military and i think its going to be the best job in the world. Other than that... thats actually about it ;) I am from cape breton living in CFB gagetown with my husband who is EME weapons Tech,and i can't wait to meet all of you!

My Name is Dan....."hello dan"  And I applied on june 21st.  Its 8 days till I leave for bmq....And Im in the CF....

Anyway Im an optician in my civi life. Going reg force as a med tech. Im 31.  Dashingly Handsome and 6' with dark hair and features.  I also have a bit of engineering background aswell just for
@%$#s and giggles.  Im engaged.  Well thats about all the important info anyway the rest can wait I guess.

OK boys and girls this is army.ca not lavalife or adult friend finder.  ::)

OH come on we are all on leave right now we can chat cant we? Then again maybe im wrong?  anyway no harm right? Felt more like being in AA to me anyways LOL

There was about 12 of us that got sworn in a few days ago in Ottawa.  I think most of them will be there (at BMQ).  Me and some buddy's were thinking about staying in Montreal Saturday night but I'm not so sure showing up with a hangover on Sun is such a good idea.

I'll be easy to pick out..... old, short, overweight and thinning hair. ;D

I'm a friendly guy after awhile but I can come across rude since I don't say much until I know someone.

Danjou you are right, this isn't Lavalife or Adult Friend Finder. This is the first taste of the Canadian Forces for many, if not all of us and I think I speak for more than just myself in saying that we are doing the best we can to find our places. We understand that human nature naturally inspires each of us to find someone to help us through difficult times. This is a transition phase for us, as is it with all recruits.

I want to make it through BMQ. I also want each and every one of these other men and women beside me (as of 06 Nov 06) to make it too. I don't care if you are short, bald, bad wrists, can't run, can't swim, can't write legibly...whatever. We all signed a contract that requires us to pass this course and the best way to do it is for us to work together starting whenever each of us signed that "dotted line".

I have high standards: I want to be the best. I want this BMQ group, class, platoon, whatever you call it to be the best to come out of St. Jean. That is my personal mission and I hope it propagates to every one of these recruits as well.

I don't know a lot about the military, that's what BMQ is for, but I do know about teamwork. I know about dedication, courage, perseverance and heart. I might not be the fastest runner or be able to do the most push ups, but I will endure until my body collapses beneath me.

If this means as much to any of YOU as it does to me... :salute:  :cdn: If not we'll find you a good reason. None of us went through the recruiting process and are flying or driving all the way to St. Jean to go home early. WE ALL PASS!

Don’t worry troops just screwing with ya a little bit there.  >:D

I’t good that you’re starting the bonding process already, it will make thing easier. Enjoy BMQ/SQ  ;D and welcome to the profession of arms.

Hi all, my name is Warren and I was offered and accepted a job on October 26th (1 day after my interview :p). I get sworn in this Monday at the recruiting centre in Kitchener and I'll be arriving in Montreal next Saturday by train (no fancy flying machine for me).

Anyways, I'm 20 years old, pale, skinny, and really excited about starting bmq. I'll be going reg force as a crewman.

my msn is nazdreg111@hotmail.com

Look forward to meeting you all on the 5th :).

Hey All!
My name is Brandon, I'm 23 from North Bay Ontario. I'll be in Saint-jean with you all for the Nov 6th course. I've chosen the career of Military Police. Being in the military and a Policemen has always been a dream of mine and now its becoming reality. The one thing I've learnt from reading these forums and talking to friends who have already done BMQ is that teamwork is the key to success.
As with everyone, I'm nervous and excited. These next 4 months should be fun and hell at the same time. I'm not very social until I get to know people, but I can't wait to meet you all as I'm sure we'll all become like family.

See you all soon!
Brandon

So everyone packed and ready to go yet?  Anybody taking anything not on the list?  Just wondering.

well i bought extra towels. a P.T Jacket, cause my seasonal jacket is kind of dressy, thats pretty much it, my bag is crammed now :D
just have to add in some more dress pants and i am good to go. I am also bringing my cell phone so i can call my husband and family, ( we can use that and laptops after training hours)
How about you?

krystal said:
well i bought extra towels. a P.T Jacket, cause my seasonal jacket is kind of dressy, thats pretty much it, my bag is crammed now :D
just have to add in some more dress pants and i am good to go. I am also bringing my cell phone so i can call my husband and family, ( we can use that and laptops after training hours)
How about you?

Sadly they should issue you towels so you won't need those and P.T stuff they'll issue you all that as well....

Always good for after basic though

The laptops and cell phones after hours suprised me too when my girlfriend went to basic....When I did mine last year you didn't have any of your own personal stuff like CD players,cell phones,laptops etc until after the fourth week when you got priveliges back

fire_guy686 said:
Sadly they should issue you towels so you won't need those and P.T stuff they'll issue you all that as well....

Always good for after basic though

The laptops and cell phones after hours suprised me too when my girlfriend went to basic....When I did mine last year you didn't have any of your own personal stuff like CD players,cell phones,laptops etc until after the fourth week when you got priveliges back

oh i know lol but my dad recommended bringing extra, so i can leave on set in my locker already folded ::)

Back