• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Not eligible for DIT?

Trueblue

Inactive
Reaction score
To make this brief,

I am getting posted to a new unit in another province, I have a PMQ secured and ready to move in to.

I was just told by my Brookfield agent I am not eligible for a DIT. She herself had no clue as to why I was not eligible and after speaking with her supervisor explained to me it was because I enrolled into the CF in the same city as my posting.

Correct me if I am wrong (which I could be), is the purpose of the DIT not to inspect my PMQ?  ??? ??? ???

If so, how would knowing the city have anything to do with the condition of my PMQ?

If anyone has any experience with a situation like this or any tips that would be great...

Thanks

Contact your base military IRP rep.  I've heard of similar cases getting resolved in a member's favour.

She mentioned I can put a memo up through my CoC but at my unit that always takes forever I'll be gone by the time I hear anything, I'll give that a shot though thanks!

Also, the clarification from DCBA allowing for an HHT for a member such as yourself is based on the same principal – if you have/had not secured accommodations at destination yet, you would be entitled to an HHT.  I’m assuming they don’t allow for a Destination Inspection trip because, when you are from the place you are posted to, they assume you know the area, and it is not like being posted to a place/city where you have never been before.  This ONLY applies to First Move on Enrolment – this stipulation will not apply to any future postings.
- My brookfield agent

Apparently it's because my first posting after basic I chose not to move my F&E  ???

Back