• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

North American Refining Capacity - Eggs All In One Basket?

milnews.ca said:
<minor hijack>

The only problem:  does it go to Fort William, or Port Arthur?1   ;D

1 - Thunder Bay used to be two cities - Fort William and Port Arthur - before being amalgamated in 1970.  Both towns were viciously competitive, mostly against each other.  Like the "kitchen table hatred" that probably still hasn't disappeared in the former Yugoslavia, there remains an element of parochial "us vs. them" tension between the former communities.

</minor hijack>

- LONG LIVE DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CURRENT RIVER!

;D

TCBF said:

;D

Oh jeez, another communist empire.... Are Soviet missiles going to be imported?????  >:D

Rodahn said:
Oh jeez, another communist empire.... Are Soviet missiles going to be imported?????  >:D

- They would have to be.  Thunder Bay City Council would not approve a missle factory unless all of the councillor's business interests got first dibs on the baksheesh, which is the reason the place is sliding into the 19th century.  "Better no one in Thunder Bay gets ahead than the wrong people in Thunder Bay get ahead." - that's their motto.

We always used to joke it was Fort William vs Port Arthur, the Finns vs the Italians with the Polish referreeing, and nobody for 8 hours around to watch...

It wasn't quite that bad but some days you wondered.

TCBF said:

;D

Splinter!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Rodahn said:

More like an Ossetia with greasy fries and coney dogs....

milnews.ca said:
Splinter!!!!!!!!!!   ;D 

Isnt that supposed to be "Splitter!" - or are you thinking of a different movie than I am?

Minor hijack in progress...

Greymatters said:
Isnt that supposed to be "Splitter!" - or are you thinking of a different movie than I am?

Minor hijack in progress...

I'm thinking Monty Python's "People's Republic of Judea" sketch...

Back