• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

No Red Friday at Petawawa Timmies?

My brother and his wife are both managers for Timmie's in Toronto. I asked about window decalls for their windows before this Red Shirt controversy came up. He asked, they said no. It doesn't support their children's charity, they can't do it. Even though they have reveresed the policy on the red shirts, I can understand their stance. Where do you stop it?? IF you support one "cause", can you support the next. Yes, they have a Tim's in Kandahar, and they have always supported the CF, to come down on the company, because they don't bend to pressure..is not right. Now, they have changed their minds. I have been wearing Red shirts since April!! I work for Food Basics, and our manager has let us wear red shirts, but said the company won't purchase shirts....do you boycott them because the company won't purchase shirts???

Not to mention, my Squadron received thousands of packets of Tim's coffee (free of charge) for us to take into the OP's while in Kabul.  That act alone showed their support for us as it was much appreciated.  So much better than that cursed Mother Parkers coffee that always gets handed to us.  Thanks Timmies!  :salute:

Regards

Timmies always deserves a HUGE  salute in my book, but this will have to do

:salute:

There seems to be a lot of you who think "if Timmie's support the troops, what else are they going to have to support?"

But, really, is our nation and it's military just like, say, breast cancer or the sharp object awareness program? I'd hope not, though from the way some of you are spouting off things like "if they wear support the troops ribbons, they'll end up wearing all kinds of ribbons." It's just like saying our people who are out there fighting, aren't any different from self-victimized organizations supporting pretty much anything and trying to look like they're so much worse off than anyone else.

If people had thought the same way about our soldiers--supporting them isn't any different than supporting anyone else, and supporting soldiers means supporting anything they might ever do in the future--in the 40s as they do now, we'd all be dead or speaking German by now.

OK.  Tim Horton's made a Faux Pas and came to a compromise within hours of your outrage.  Next question is: What major Corporation do you want to slam next?  Tim Horton's has shown an exemplary example in its' CONTINUED SUPPORT for our Troops.  It has been supporting our Troops for over ten years now.  What other Corporation in this country has shown as much support as them?  Why aren't you up in arms against Walmart, Costco, Cdn Tire, The Bay, Sears, Pizza Pizza, Subway, The Brick, Kelsey's, Winners, Zellers, Irvings, Farm Boy, The SuperStore, Sobey's, Loeb, Loblaws, Food Basics, The Mattress Mart, ................ ?

You people are two faced.  I agree with SUPPORT OUR TROOPS, but I see some radical fanatics muck raking and it really turns me off.  (Reminds me of the NDP airheads who can't look at the whole picture and deal with anything other than a small little sound bite.)  Can someone see that tiny little violin playing?  Move on.  The Wives Club has won their little battle and we have larger things to achieve.

Slamming Tim Horton's is getting rather tiring don't you think?

I cannot imagine how something so piddly as wearing some silly colour on a set could become such a huge issue. Tim Horton's has spent millions in Supporting the Troops" all on their own long before public outcry (stupidity) made them move a trailer to KAF which though greatly appreciated and a wonderfull thing to have was needed seeing as Timmies had for years and years been sending over their coffee, their machines and even their cups so we could have Timmies coffee overseas. I wonder just how much more of this piddly stuff it will take before the Tim Horton corporation says "Enough is enough" and we lose our biggest supporter.

Like George said "The Wives Club" (and it's not all CF wives it's the Canadian public at large egged on by some silly military wives who make the rest of them look bad)have won, so can we now move onto something important like.....oh say a campaign to show Tim Horton's" just how much their support means.....You know it's just an idea.  ::)

I agree.  Tim Hortons has always been, as far as I remember, a staunch supporter of the military when deployed. 
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR TIM HORTONS: DRINK THEIR COFFEE AND TEA (I hear it's "steeped")

von Garvin said:
(I hear it's "steeped")

That was, in my mind, one of the worst marketing bits EVER. I hated those commercials.

But Garvin's right, Tim's has always supported the troops, and the troops have always supported Tim's. It's a mutual dependance  ;)

This just in:  Soldiers to wear Tim Hortons thermal cup sleeve bracelets on Monday mornings.

Kat Stevens said:
This just in:  Soldiers to wear Tim Hortons thermal cup sleeve bracelets on Monday mornings.

DND says no! Wives of Tim Horton's workers to protest!

Why not a breastplate made from the coffee cup lids? It could protect from mudslinging.

Great story about Operation Timmies.

http://www.canada.com/components/print.aspx?id=5c065491-b4f5-4316-99e9-ef56efaa0853&k=39748

''We were sitting on the balcony one day and saying, 'What should we send him as a care package?' '' Lorraine Williams, 63, said Sunday.

They decided to send $50 in gift certificates to their son, Cpl. Darren Williams, 38, to use at the Tim Hortons outlet at the base.

When Lorraine's husband Phil, 67, went to the Penticton outlet to buy the certificates, the manager offered to match the certificates.

So my q  now is this...will wearing red t-shirts help any of the staff be able to get my order right the first time?????

Nope......especially if you are going through the Drive Thru in the Village.  ;D

Back