• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

No MS and Below cloth naval cap badges available?

Sigop2004

Inactive
Reaction score
Today I went to base supply to get a cap badge for my new beret due to my old one going "missing" and was informed that there are NO MS and below cloth cap badges available and we do not have a supplier to make new ones  and also do not know when there will be cap badges available again. I was wondering if this is a West coast only phenomenon or if it affects the entire naval supply system? Any Logistic members or anyone else that could shed some light on this matter would be appreciated.

What are you wearing on your beret then?  A suggestion for you, go into the tailor in the Canex.  They have some of the fancy gold-thread capbadges for sale.  Not something someone would typically put on just a beret, but it will give you a capbadge for now at least.

Sigop2004 said:
Today I went to base supply to get a cap badge for my new beret due to my old one going "missing"
I am posted to ship  so I wear a ballcap 90% of the time but occasionally have to go outside of the authorized areas and am required to  wear a beret . Thank you for your suggestion but the top parts of my chain of command has already said that will not work  also those capbadges cost more to buy than the actual cost of the beret.  As stated in my original post I am just wondering if this is a west coast issue or navy wide?

1. Find Beret laying around mess

2. "Borrow" it

3. Remove Crest

4. Give beret to homeless guy

5. Sew new badge on beret....

OR you could buy a new fancy badge I have seen many keen MS and below looking spiffy in the expensive badge.  IF you need a badge that bad then you should go and get one... Perhaps one could suggest to CFB Esq supply that they order some in from Halifax, because if this issue is not addressed soon there are going to be a few more nasty looking berets  in the near future (which might piss off some stokers, because they have the market cornered on nasty headdress)

I was at the CANEX at CFB Esquimalt to get a cap badge.  But even CANEX was out of the cloth ones, luckily this was for my peak cap so I just bought the more expensive one.

Nope they're all gone. Keep an eye on your head dress  as I know several people in Nelles that have had their berets swiped for the cap badge.

Sigop2004 said:
As stated in my original post I am just wondering if this is a west coast issue or navy wide?

Uniform acoutrements are purchased off a National Contract, therefore the stock is a "Nil Nat Stock" status. Shortfall is CF wide.

Just another case of another contract somehow being allowed to expire and now the members of the CF suffer for it. Whether the fault lies in PWGSC or in the overseer of this particular contract in NDHQ ... I am unaware; but someone somewhere missed the advance notices of upcoming contract expiration and didn't take the action required to avoid that occuring.

Believe it or not, but this is a problem the Communications world is facing now.  Kingston, being the home of Comms, has been without Signals cap badges for a long time now with no stock in sight.  But as of midnight Sunday, I no longer have to worry about that one. 

GO AIR FORCE.

Back