• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

No DP2A at Meaford this summer?

Pte AJB

Inactive
Reaction score
I have been hearing rumours that there will not be a DP2A course offered this summer at Meaford, can anyone verify this? I'm going to be up there for BIQ anyway, but I was hoping that I could get into at least two courses this summer. Not to mention some guaranteed employment. Thanks for your help.

Pte. AJB

It's to early to worry about it yet. Meaford has cancelled courses right up to the hour it's supposed to start. No sense getting tied up about it. It'll happen or it won't. If your lucky, you'll find out before you drag all your kit up there on a bus.

What happens if the course is cancelled, will they give him something else at least?

I'm just interested to see how it works, as I was told reservists would always have some kind of employment during the summmer if they request it.

While sitting miles from desk, and not having a copy of the ARC schedule in front of me, I believe I saw 2 serials of IPSW scheduled for the summer.
  However as my Crusty Regimental Comrade has stated, LFCATC has scratched courses at the last minute numerous times.  I have a feeling this will probably occur with most of the SCF courses at ARC, and some serials of MOC.
  It's hard to run courses when there is a lack of instructors avail or willing to teach at LFCATC.  When they try to force courses, we get what happened last year, BMQ crses with a 20/1 Candidate to instructor ratio.

There are courses scheduled.

I know there is a May to June one and another one sometime after that. Exact dates I don't remember though.

A blatant rip-off from something I posted in another thread along these lines:

little jim said:
….
Due to the current op tempo there is a possibility this summer that PRes soldiers might not be able to get full time employment even if they want it.  Why?  Because there are so few RegF pers available to do summer instructional taskings (talking primarily Sgt’s here) due to managed readiness.

Apparently the various areas have cunning plans to do leadership training early in the summer so that these newly qualified people can roll into instruction roles for the remainder of the summer.  Fact is that unless PRes soldiers pony up to fill these bills there just isn’t the avail in the RegF to backfill this summer….hence serials being cancelled.

Couple of points before you all flame me to death:

1. Army Individual Trg is actively looking at decentralizing courses (ie back to the armoury floors);

2. Managed Readiness was only designed around roughly 1200 pers deployments – current rotation is like 2300….

Training will happen this summer.  Virtually every able-bodied RegF in the trg system of appropriate rank to teach will down tools to run courses this summer (big time negative impact on standards, courseware development, CoE duties...).  The success of this summer, which rolls into the effectiveness of a ton of PRes units will depend on the willingness of the PRes to man the trg system….

If you know someone who has a DIN account just go to the CTC Gagetown site.  The National Calendar with dates, max course loads, allocations to different areas is there for all RegF and PRes courses.....

Back