• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

No call whatsoever?

Minsc

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I had applied for AVS and AVN tech in March here in Halifax. I graduated high school last year with honors, and since applying I now volunteer 3 hours a week at the local food bank and go to the gym regularly to help boost my chances.

A few weeks after applying I had attended a public CFAT test and waited around for my results, I was eligible for every trade. I was told I would get a call within three to six months when I last called at the beginning of May.

I still haven't heard anything for my medical or interview, and I notice on the Forces.ca site that both AVS and AVN tech don't have the "accepting applications" checkmark next to them, and that worries me. Anyone have any idea on the status of my situation, or better yet the status of my trades? Thank you.

Take the initiative and call the Recruiting Centre, it'll show them you're interested. Sitting around doing nothing, waiting for a call, isn't going to help you.

Nobody knows " the status of my situation, or better yet the status of my trades" except for the CFRC.

Although I will mention that when I went into CFRC Calgary the other day, AVN and AVS are both open and accepting applications.

If you're waiting for a call about your interview and such- you may be waiting on your security/loyalty backcheck. I'm currently waiting for mine and it can be quite a lengthy process. Only way to really get a better picture is to call (or better yet go down to) your RC.

I'll tell you exactly what the gentleman that administered my interview told me.
"It's your file, make sure that you keep on top of it, call at least every couple of weeks to make sure they don't forget about you"

lethalLemon said:
Take the initiative and call the Recruiting Centre, it'll show them you're interested. Sitting around doing nothing, waiting for a call, isn't going to help you.

Nobody knows " the status of my situation, or better yet the status of my trades" except for the CFRC.

Although I will mention that when I went into CFRC Calgary the other day, AVN and AVS are both open and accepting applications.
^^ Exactly what he said, there could be a thousand different reasons why they haven't called you yet. Don't harass them, but make sure you stay on-top of it and ask for updates every couple weeks.

Speaking from my own experience, I would recommend that you personally visit your RC. I always had trouble contacting my RC by phone calls, but I always got what I needed when I visited in person. Visiting in person also demonstrates your dedication as well.

Another resource you can use is the "Send us a Question" link on the CF website. It worked fine for me. However, you may need to wait for about a week for a response.

Good Luck!

I'd say call and keep on it...3-6 months is not a realistic timeframe...it would be nice...but most likely won't happen.  Like they said...call and inquire about the progress...but don't call so much that it's borderline harassment.  They deal with alot of people...and there's quite a few things that have to be done....ie. tests, medicals and interviews. 

Welcome to the forums.

I will tell you exactly what I was told by a recruiter. "We're honestly extremely busy, especially late March to May. If you want an update, call us or walk in." Another service member informed me "walk into the RC, its hard for them to ignore you that way."

I only got my interview because I called in relentlessly (well, once bi-weekly).

Back