• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Niagara Taser death

Retired CC said:
Perhaps we could call Tasers and similar technologies "less than intentional lethal force", and 9MM or .45 rounds "intentional llethal force"?

In other words - if I'm tasing, gassing, or pepper spraying you, I intend that you should live; if I'm firing my pistol/revolver at you, I'm intending to kill you - your choice.
Works for me.

FormerHorseGuard said:
There was a guy in barracks in Toronto , he drove for the General of LFCA, he had a tazer , not sure where he got it, nor do i care.   it was one that   had to make direct contact with the subject.   I played with it , would light paper on fire if the piece of paper was between the metal pins that   protuded out. I shocked myself with it, while screwing around with it. It hurt more then i thought it would.

That sounds more like a stun gun or similar device, not a TASER (which is actually a brand name device, and which look like pistols) ;)  Your friend should exercise better judgement as TASERs and similar devices are prohibited weapons.

I didn't see anything saying that the police killed the guy with the tazer. The Toronto Sun is not known for its liberal leanings, quite the opposite in fact. A man died while being apprehended by the police. A tazer was used. They had commentary from the father, which is prime news material. Since the whole Tazer-equipping thing has been a hot topic for the past while, it's hardly surprising that they covered this death. It seems the media often cover police-related deaths - this is nothing new. Death makes good news.

Back