• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Next Selection Board for Infantry Reg.

armyjewelz

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi there,

We have received mixed messages on the next selection date for Infantry Reg.

My DH completed his fit test last Thursday and we faxed them some information in regards to some credit issues and such to clear everthing up and thus complete his file.

When he spoke to the recruiter, he was told he would be up for a Sept. 15 board and that we would hear by the first week of October and he likely would not go to BT until first week of January if he was selected on that board...

Well they phoned again yesterday and asked DH to fax in HIS copy of the fit test so that they could complete his file now instead of waiting for the copy to be mailed in, which would only have been another day or two.. So we start to wonder why the urgency if board isn't until Sept?  there has to be some reason they want to finish his file sooner...

So now reading through several different sources and stories here and elsewhere, I see conflicting things.. One says that there isn't even a selection board for infantry.... We knew about Real Time Recruiting but weren't sure exactly what that meant...
Then people who do say there's a board, seem to think there is sooner board selection than Oct. - Is there a board selection in August yet? or is that done?

Also, today he called to make sure they received the fax we sent last night and the recruited he spoke to today (not the usual) stated that there are boards every couple of weeks!!

I am just curious when the next date actually is and if anyone has any ideas why they would want to get everything done in such a dire rush?

Cheers and thanks in advance.

I believe infantry is one of the real time trades that are selected everyday. So the day after your file is merit listed you should be selected. Or at least that is what I'm lead to believe. But I was also merit listed for Sig Op (another real time trade) for over a month and was never selected either (changed my trade a couple weeks ago though).

Now I think the next selection board is September 5th, I've heard that from numerous sources so I am confident that is correct information. I believe there is one every month, not every two weeks like that one recruiter told you.

Selected in September and Basic in January, that is what you were told? Ddddamn..that's rough, that's about the timeline I am looking at to be selected and I was hoping for an October or November date..  :-\

Recruiting seems to be a pretty loose ship though, lots of misinformation and conflicting information I've come to find as well..

P-Free said:
Now I think the next selection board is September 5th, I've heard that from numerous sources so I am confident that is correct information.

September 5th is Labour Day; I've been told by my CFRC that it will be on the 6th.

Thank you for all your help...So there is no August selection?  ???

I heard somewhere of one this Friday...

So this still leaves me puzzled as to what the rush would have been for my fit results? Why couldn't they wait the extra day or two?

Any insight?

KinCanuck,

If you are around, would you possibly be able to pos the next upcming selection board dates? Including the most recent one.. If you could of course.. I know it's not your favorite topic!!  ;)

Thank you in advance if possible :)

He has posted it in other thread, here it is for your reference;

kincanucks said:
NCM Selection Board dates:

28 Mar 05, 9 May 05, 13 Jun 05, 18 Jul 05, 5 Sep 05, 17 Oct 05, 28 Nov 05, 9 Jan 06, 20 Feb 06, 3 Apr 06, 15 May 06, 26 Jun 06, 31 Jul 06

duh!! i saw that thread but missed the 06.. ha ha!! Sorry.. My blonde moment!

So I am back to the likelyhood that he gets selected on the 5th and doesn;t leave till January then?

Back