• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Newcommers : For those who think there is only 1 PT Test, Think again. :)

WebAddict

Inactive
Reaction score
Just called my RC to get some more information on the BMQ Date for Kitchener Waterloo Area, and got it confirmed That its on 20Th Oct for me.

Well, I was really happy, because  i thought i wont be tested for PT anymore, and just train with the unit as a whole.

Well, for all of you who think the same, think again.

Just because you have passed your 19 Push Ups.19 Sit ups.step test and grip test. does not mean you will not be tested again. In the first week of BMQ, usually the first few days, you will be tested again!, and if you end up doing really poorly on this test, all your Waiting time, and all your money (if u had to retest) you can say goodbye. Because if you did not improve or at least stay The same (or somewhere in the range of 17-19 pushups ) then u will be asked to leave. 

I was told This from my RC and the person who I did th Fit Test with., Just a heads up.

I know this is probably posted so many times, but just a heads up :)

-Sorry for edit, just thought I would make it clearer.

You will be TESTED AGAIN, AFTER YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE FOLLOWING
APTITUDE TEST
MEDICAL & FITNESS TEST
INTERVIEW
RECIEVE CALL
start BMQ! - this is where you will be tested again (2nd pt)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL NEW COMMERS AND THOSE WHO ARE ALREADY IN THE ARMY !

While I can't speak for IAP/BOTP, I can advise you will be retested again if you go on CAP.  You will be recoursed if you can not meet the minimum standard.  I have no doubt the same applies to IAP/BOTP; however, I haven't been tested on those courses so I cannot comment first hand.

Here's a news flash for ya sparky.  We're tested every year and sometimes more often than that.  If you think the test is some sort of entrance initiation to be suffered through and forgotten about you have selected the wrong job!  There is no reason any body who passed the test can't (at the very least) maintain that level and improve prior to starting basic let alone the remainder of your career.

Cheers
BD

So you're gonna be tested again.  Big deal.

Treat the test as a challenge to be met and vanquished.  If you can't adopt that mindset, maybe you should look for a less demanding line of work.

No - you are getting the wrong impression , sorry, this is not what I meant!

I just meant this to be advice for those who think - they wont have to train anymore and stay fit.

My BMQ is starting OCT 20th and i train 1hr aday.

Oh, and by the way, PT on your BMQ will not be the hardest you ever do (if you get posted to an Army base).  In basic, they know you may have only just passed the minimum.  It will be cranked up on your SQ, and depending on your trade, it will get tougher during trades training.  Get posted to, or even attached to a battalion/regiment and you will be doing longer runs than you ever did on BMQ.

The last thing you should be thinking about when you show up at St Jean is if you can pass an Expres test...

Perhaps I mis-interpreted your original post but my comments can be taken as a generalization and any would-be recruits can take it to heart.  For your part, good on ya and best of luck in your career.

Cheers
BD

It's PT for a lifetime, brother.

I was 031 for 5 years, there's no way you would survive one exercise or your BIQ (we called it Battle School back then) if all you could do is meet the minimum pt standards. If you can't exceed the standards, you become a  burden to your platoon or section mates.

When you're doing a 10k forced march and they have to keep turning around to come get you, adding to their distance..they won't be happy. When they have to start carrying your kit, they'll do it gladly if you're injured..not so gladly cuz you like big mac's too much.

Think of it that way...

Then again, when i LOTP to air force...a bad TD was one where the ice machine on your floor of the hotel was broken......

For more information on all the fitness evaluations in the military:

http://www.cfpsa.com/en/psp/fitness/eval_e.asp

scoutfinch said:
While I can't speak for IAP/BOTP, I can advise you will be retested again if you go on CAP.  You will be recoursed if you can not meet the minimum standard.  I have no doubt the same applies to IAP/BOTP; however, I haven't been tested on those courses so I cannot comment first hand.

As it stands now....EXPRES test on 1st or 2nd day of Week 1, and then...the 2nd test is Friday of Week 6.

HLs does her Week 6 EXPRES tomorrow.  :pushup:

Fitness Testing is part of military life, more so the Army than Navy and Air Force but...EXRPES test is the minimum standard.

PT is daily, or it should be.

Usually the ones worried or focused on the Fitness Testing are the ones who aren't doing what I said in the above sentence.  ;D

heh..... I'm stuck in a puzzle palace & I put in at least an hour a day......
don't ya love it when the boss provides facility and insists that you take some time @ work to keep yourself fit

Love it!

Back