• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Recruiting Methods Seem To Be Working

IrishCanuck

Inactive
Reaction score
Well I dropped into CFRC Ottawa today to chat with a recruiter and further explore my options for the next couple of years ...

And man o man! That place was busy!

It was pretty cool actually. There was a young man in the corner with his family going over the application, making the final decision , he was torn between two MOC's.. both NCM from what I saw. I had a pile of information in my hand in one of  the fancy leather chairs, there was two girls viewing promotional and trade videos on the computers (they had about 6 big LCD screens with all sorts of awesome multimedia.. lots of shiny things to pull ya in ) ;) And there was another two guys along the wall looking at all the occupational pamphlets. There was only one recruiter on duty that I was aware of during my visit.. and he was obviously a very busy man.

The funny part was the fact there were two other members of the CF in the CFRC, both of whom were not assigned to recruiting.. as they kept asking the on duty recruiter questions about how recruting was going.. what new methods were being employed etc..  So everytime this recruiter would go to help someone else he kept having to stop and say "yes sir, thats correct sir" I'm not sure what the Commander was doing there and I didn't see the others rank clearly, looked to be a MWO, nor is it my buisness, but I found it to actually be a good thing, as it gave a glimpse into how NCM's and Officer's interact in regular operations.. and it was much less formal and stuffy than I thought it would be.

All in all, I didn't see anyone leave the CFRC without a smile on their face, and more people were on the way in when I left with my reading material :D , so it seems like they really are doing a great job.. not that I ever doubted those men and women.  :)

I was very impressed by the staff at CFRC that I was recruited from - Barrie. Besides being so busy they still answer questions and assist you to the best of their ability. The Sergeant there had told me at the end of the phone conversation for my job offer and swearing in/BMQ dates that "I get a lot of guys that are so excited they forget everything I told them so when you settle down and remember something then call and ask".

I'm very excited to be a member of the Canadian Forces and I owe much respect to the recruiting staff for their efforts.

Cheers,

Back