• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New "light weight-modular" tacvest on the way?

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
I'm hearing there is a new tacvest supposedly purchased and on it's way, anyone have any pictures or info on that?

And of course by lightweight and modular I'm told it's 7 pounds with it's built in electronics and not actually modular  ;D

Jarnhamar said:
I'm hearing there is a new tacvest supposedly purchased and on it's way, anyone have any pictures or info on that?

And of course by lightweight and modular I'm told it's 7 pounds with it's built in electronics and not actually modular  ;D

Does it integrate with the 20-pounds-empty ruck sack?

First I've heard of it, the electronics part makes it sound like it is part of the integrated soldier system project. If it is, then get ready for this, it's delayed due to budgetary reasons, part of that 3.8 billion pushed off was for that program to continue.

MilEME09 said:
First I've heard of it, the electronics part makes it sound like it is part of the integrated soldier system project. If it is, then get ready for this, it's delayed due to budgetary reasons, part of that 3.8 billion pushed off was for that program to continue.

That is why it is 'lightweight' and 'modular';  you will get issued the front part during the 2015-19 government spending...the back during the 2019-2023 government spending... ;D

Is it not the same vest our guys trialled in Haiti, or the guys using them in Ukraine? 

CBH99 said:
Is it not the same vest our guys trialled in Haiti, or the guys using them in Ukraine?

have any pictures of said vests? I've heard of so many trials, and seen plenty of infanteers with after market kit, hard to keep up with whats actually being used.

These modular chest rig/plate carrier systems.

Attachments

• 14319094139_129228ea71_b.jpg
    14319094139_129228ea71_b.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 2,737
  • getmediaobject-17.jpg
    getmediaobject-17.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 951
Those look like the TT MAV vests, decent little rig. They've been floating about for a bit now in certain units, particularly out in Edmonton. Would be nice to see these issued out to those who need something that's actually remotely functional.

:2c:

For the ISSP that MileME09 mentioned here is a picture of the system (most likely a trial picture, the actual product may look slightly different)

Attachments

• 20130130_4624.jpg
    20130130_4624.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 1,766
dangerboy said:
For the ISSP that MileME09 mentioned here is a picture of the system (most likely a trial picture, the actual product may look slightly different)

I trialed something like that in 1984.

Oh fine guys, whatever, beat me to the punch.  *sniff* 

I'll post a few more pictures, just because I'm not sure if the vest that was trialed in Haiti is the same as being used in Ukraine?

Attachments

• 15526339637_77420bfafa_b.jpg
    15526339637_77420bfafa_b.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 1,199
  • is2013-2002-040.jpg
    is2013-2002-040.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 1,473
That's a rig by SORD. 2 types of those rigs were trialled near the end of Afghanistan, likely just using what's on the shelf. Good thing they're using them, each one is over $600 CAD without the 30 mags of pouches it came with.

I read somewhere TYR set up a shop in Ottawa. Guess it's only for the special people?

dangerboy said:

Thanks for the picture. That vest looks wonderful to wear with a ruck or small pack.  I'm sure the end product will be much more steamlined of course.  I wonder the price tag per vest.

PuckChaser said:
That's a rig by SORD.

I love my SORd rig, TT MAV too. Both of which were options for the trial. One of those comfortable modular and proven vests with a already proven blueforce tracker would be silly.

I checked on CID today, ISSP modular rig is supposed to be IOC by July 2017, 2 years late. They're procuring roughly 4100 systems, about 1500 for high red, and 1500 for r2hr.

PuckChaser said:
I checked on CID today, ISSP modular rig is supposed to be IOC by July 2017, 2 years late. They're procuring roughly 4100 systems, about 1500 for high red, and 1500 for r2hr.
You mind posting the link?

It's DWAN only, but if you type in CID from the search bar on national.mil.ca, it's the first result. Click search CID, then type in modular it should be about 10th down the list, integrated soldier system project. There was no actual pictures of any rigs, just concepts.

And just how much use of the "Modular" aspect will we be allowed at the bottom level?

Back