• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"New" Lee Enfield Rifle

I heard all kinds of excuses, it ain't there, if you're sitting on a huge stash then you're laughing. - there is no overt 'ban' the word was the bureaucrats were making it extremely difficult to get any new shipments approved for importation due to so called 'safety' reasons.

marmaloon said:
I heard all kinds of excuses, it ain't there, if you're sitting on a huge stash then you're laughing. - there is no overt 'ban' the word was the bureaucrats were making it extremely difficult to get any new shipments approved for importation due to so called 'safety' reasons.

Big difference there.  "Ban" and "Shortage" are vastly different things.  As for importation issues, there is still domestic production.

marmaloon said:

You can buy it by the case from Marstar, and the difficulty is NOT with 7.62x51mm. However, they are having trouble getting surplus 7.62x54R past the guys at Natural Resources Canada and onto the List of Authorised Explosives.

recceguy said:
You can buy it by the case from Marstar, and the difficulty is NOT with 7.62x51mm. However, they are having trouble getting surplus 7.62x54R past the guys at Natural Resources Canada and onto the List of Authorised Explosives.

I suggest you contact / visit the marstar site to see what the have or do not have available; maybe it's as  I suspected, the Canadian distributors / retailers are redirecting shipments to more profitable customers, and the domestic market be damned.

So John just sold out. He's had 1000 rds @ $495.00 for quite some time. Quit fearmongering. There's no conspiracy. There's a lot of tin foil hats at CGN.

marmaloon said:
Well, if you can find some more power to ya, in this part of the country, there is SFA, unless you include the odd  surviving lot. Last time I checked Wolverine was 'bringing in' some PMC, this is supposed to be a bargain at almost $1.00 per shot. It ain't out there.  Plenty of discussions on the issue on CGN, I don't know if you place much store in comments on CGN but it's good enough for me.

No, CGN comments are not good enough for me, thanks. Unless its a link from a federal source, its worthless.

I know John Hipwell personally for about 20 yrs, and he has always be very fair with his prices. A buck a pop? How about providing a link for that?

I was just asking for you to provide a SOLID reference on your claim the federal government is going to close the door on 7.62mm Ball for 'safety reasons? Rumours on other sites are just that.

On this site, when we proclaim something controversial or questionable, we back it up with a reliable reference in a link. This also aids in the poster gaining the fact he knows what he/she is talking about, and provides us with some knowledge on the subject.

Integrity, integrity, integrity.

Regards from the tropics,

OWDU

Well my mind is open to new ideas, I'm not  'down under' so I don't know what it's like to get your hands on ammo there, is this person an ammo retailer in Canada, and if so I would like to buy some off of him, if not, he's not of any use to me thank you, and I respect your opinions sir. - If you don't think CGN has any use at all, that's fine that's your opinion, not mine, if you don't believe me about the shortage, you can go there and do a search just as easily as me, Best regards Tony.  :)

marmaloon said:
Well my mind is open to new ideas, I'm not  'down under' so I don't know what it's like to get your hands on ammo there, is this person an ammo retailer in Canada, and if so I would like to buy some off of him, if not, he's not of any use to me thank you, and I respect your opinions sir. - If you don't think CGN has any use at all, that's fine that's your opinion, not mine, if you don't believe me about the shortage, you can go there and do a search just as easily as me, Best regards Tony.  :)

Been a mbr of CGN for many years. Regardless of the rumour net, and where it comes from, its still a rumour unless its backed up with a proper reference. 7.62 x 51mm here is normally under 49c AUD a pop.

Please feel free to browse my profile if you like. I sport duel nationality, and lived the first 35 yrs of my life in Canada, with almost 19yrs service in the CF before coming here. Also I am a long time gun owner (restricted and non-restricted) in both countries.

Regards,

Wes

I have a great deal of respect for you man, you remind me of Peter, president of the Musquodoboit Valley Rifle and Revolver Club, (my current club), he's done more in his career than I can hope to pack into my life, so no hard feelings to anyone, I'm just starting into shooting again after quite a while away from it, so my proficiency with arms is not where I'd like it to be, with some more practice I hope to change that. No hard feelings to anyone. Best regards all. ;)

recceguy said:

I still can't fathom why NRC deals with ammo... explosives sure. Normal ammo should be under the RCMP's domain (as I would shitcan the CFC as well). My M14S needs cheaper 7.62NATO, and my Mossin wants cheap 7.62x54R! The SKS wants cheap 7.62x39... bahhh!

This is a control freak issue, if it pisses you off send letters to the Minister stating "In these economic times why are we wasting money doing this" Importers should just have to supply a certificate that the ammo has been tested to such and such standard.

Well Collin I did email the public safety minister with my concerns, didn't get a response yet, I didn't use any cuss words but the "tone" was not endearing - maybe he's just too busy with other correspondence/issues.

TCBF said:
- I did come across as a bit of a toid, didn't I?

;D

- Happy shooting.

Well maybe we should hug; I'll promise not to steal your wallet, but anything else. . .  ;D  :salute:

COBRA-6 said:
I still can't fathom why NRC deals with ammo... explosives sure. Normal ammo should be under the RCMP's domain (as I would shitcan the CFC as well). My M14S needs cheaper 7.62NATO, and my Mossin wants cheap 7.62x54R! The SKS wants cheap 7.62x39... bahhh!

Czech surplus 7.62 x 39 is still in stock at Frontier Taxidermy and Marstar both.  I remember one of the importers mentioning that the Czechs were raising prices, but I can't remember by how much.

Slightly off - topic, but somewhat related, I wanted to get some American Eagle M1-Garand ammo, I don't know if there is any east of BC right now, the local dealer told me he could get me some for $22.00 / box, another 'hunting store', quoted me $60.00 / box for the same ammo  :mad: so I ordered a bunch from the Army Navy Store, who deals with American Eagle anyways. The arrival of this shipment is some ways off, so I thought I would buy a Schuster plug for my Garand, no dice, not cleared for export, so I phoned them up and ordered the Mc Cann plug instead, it's cleared for export and I heard it's better anyways, I know I should really set up for reloading (in the process of doing that), but I thought I would hedge my bets in case the new administration clamps down on our access to reloading supplies.  :blotto:

Back