• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New(ish?) CHinook Pics with Canuck markings

Hey thanks for posting the link with the photos and badges .

Forlorn Hope said:
I confirm that "BONES" is alive with a hockey helmet and stick with the motto "2 for hooking".  Another AC (147204) has been painted with a Jack the Ripper image and has the motto of " black jack". I can confirm these, as I am over in the Sand Box working on the Chinooks and Griffons as a Tech.

how do you mean 'alive' - what's the story behind this?

*Edit: have had a look at the pics - is there nothing besides the original nose art, or is this something more long-standing than social distortion?

Astrodog said:
http://www.hazersflightline.com/chinook.htm
hehe bad ***!

Small question - what's with the coloured roundel on image "chinook17.jpg"  Is this one of our old ones... gone "Dutch"?

geo said:
Small question - what's with the coloured roundel on image "chinook17.jpg"  Is this one of our old ones... gone "Dutch"?

Yes.

geo said:

Yes, and ...18.jpg is an old one as well.  You can tell, because the green cam over light blue bottom, that both those pictures are of our C-models.  The paint schem changed from full colour (...17.jpg) to monochrome (....18.jpg) in 1982.

147004 in "...17.jpg" is now RNLAF D-662.  (old and new Canadian Chinooks)

Forlorn Hope said:
I confirm that "BONES" is alive with a hockey helmet and stick with the motto "2 for hooking".  Another AC (147204) has been painted with a Jack the Ripper image and has the motto of " black jack". I can confirm these, as I am over in the Sand Box working on the Chinooks and Griffons as a Tech.

Folorn Hope, please say "hi" to Major K**** over there from the Franklins you see him.  He is a chinook pilot.
Safe travels.

simysmom99 said:
Folorn Hope, please say "hi" to Major K**** over there from the Franklins you see him.  He is a chinook pilot.

Just a friendly reminder that others' names should not be mentioned in conjunction with operations.

In this case, he's been on television so this is not as great an infraction as it could be.

I'll say hello for you too when I get back - he's a former student of mine.

Great pics-getting rid of the six Chinooks we had in 1990 had to be one of the most nearsighted things the CF ever did-the Air Force was more interested in CF 18s and the Army did not push the issue or provide any $$$ to keep them, so we lost a valuable  air mobility and aerial delivery asset for 19 years,

simysmom99 said:
Safe travels.

He's next door to my office and practically my brother.  (We regularly conduct walk-by punches...although he's started running after tagging me  ;D)  I'll pass on the word tomorrow for you.

Zoomie said:
At the school here - the student's course project is reviving old WW2 bomber nose-art and having it applied to our fleet of King Airs.  I will reserve judgment on its appeal once I see it - pictures to follow.

Saw the Rhur Express today. Very cool! It's a shame that those big engines hide so much of the nose of the King Air. I especially liked the detail of the 'missions flown' markings just below left seat's window and the original 'old tyme' British registration on the fins below the vert stab. Can't wait to see the rest.

edit: name corrected; Rhur Express.

Back