• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New(ish?) CHinook Pics with Canuck markings

NavyShooter

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Stolen shamelessly from another website that I frequent:

S7303553.jpg

S7303560.jpg

S7303561.jpg

Feel free to merge to the other CH-47 thread if appropriate.

NS

Sweet pics, thanks NS!!

Definately love the Social Distortion paintjob, wonder if someone will paint shark teeth on a Griffon?!?  :threat:

PuckChaser said:
Sweet pics, thanks NS!!

Definately love the Social Distortion paintjob, wonder if someone will paint shark teeth on a Griffon?!?  :threat:

I don't think they are bada$$ enough for that pain job  ;D

NavyShooter

Thank you for posting those pics the new birds look  great in Canadian markings .

No problem guys.  Stolen from an open source on the internet.  I cannot properly attribute the source.

NS

»Uhhh... so a Dutch Chinook - before it's refit

Some have mentioned that "Bones" has been Canadianized -- apparently he now has a hockey stick and a different motto, but he's still there.  Great to see the concept of wartime nose art surviving!

G2G

Good2Golf said:
Great to see the concept of wartime nose art surviving!
G2G

Will be interesting to see how MsM art critics weigh in on the art ... :warstory:

geo said:
... see how MsM art critics weigh in on the art ...

It will be interesting to read about the history that might be dredged up that is behind the nose art.

At the school here - the student's course project is reviving old WW2 bomber nose-art and having it applied to our fleet of King Airs.  I will reserve judgment on its appeal once I see it - pictures to follow.

Ooooh... interesting Zoomie.
Looking forward to seeing the pics

Zoomie said:
It will be interesting to read about the history that might be dredged up that is behind the nose art.

At the school here - the student's course project is reviving old WW2 bomber nose-art and having it applied to our fleet of King Airs.  I will reserve judgment on its appeal once I see it - pictures to follow.

would LOVE to see that.  When will the pics be available? 

Those Chinooks look just beautiful.

Apparently the nose-art has been produced and is in the Hangar.  I imagine as the tails go through their maintenance cycle the decals will be applied.

Good2Golf said:
Some have mentioned that "Bones" has been Canadianized -- apparently he now has a hockey stick and a different motto, but he's still there.  Great to see the concept of wartime nose art surviving!

G2G

I confirm that "BONES" is alive with a hockey helmet and stick with the motto "2 for hooking".  Another AC (147204) has been painted with a Jack the Ripper image and has the motto of " black jack". I can confirm these, as I am over in the Sand Box working on the Chinooks and Griffons as a Tech.

Forlorn Hope said:
I confirm that "BONES" is alive with a hockey helmet and stick with the motto "2 for hooking".  Another AC (147204) has been painted with a Jack the Ripper image and has the motto of " black jack". I can confirm these, as I am over in the Sand Box working on the Chinooks and Griffons as a Tech.

http://www.hazersflightline.com/chinook.htm

hehe bad ass!

Can't wait to see the nose art on those King Airs, pretty neat idea.

Back